PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
Trying a new mix I put together, one pouch borkum riff whiskey, 1 pouch borkum riff ultra light, half pouch of borkum riff black Cavendish and a pouch of Sir walter raliegh (regular). Pretty nice so far, has a nice vanilla taste. It is burning smooth with no bite.

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
cortez said:
jonesing,

By what I infer from your posts, you might try McClelland's Royal Cajun blends. Lots to explore, so little time.
-------------
Indeed Cortez I have a tin of Dark waiting in my P&C cart. Interesting backs tory is that the guy who makes Cajun Black (perique processed DF VA) was Mark Ryan's partner in the perique business. Mark bought him out and let him keep the name Cajun Black. Mark, calls it Arcadian Black now. Thus AB Rimboche. Read more here
Or perhaps you knew all that and that's the reason for the suggestion! In any event Thanks! I appreciate any advice I can get.
Just finished another bowl of the AB and it's really really good stuff. Granted I'm an infant in the pipe world. But I do know what I like and don't. I really like this stuff. Very unique with the dark fired perique processed, flue cured, some perique and the latakia. Plays very sweet to my buds. Almost like a marshmallow burnt black on a camp fire.
And it has a nice little nic kick too.
What's not to like?

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Thanks for posting the AB Rimboché page. I had no idea Ryan's partner was behind it. I just had the feeling it was a tobacco genre you might appreciate. I'm glad we're in sync on that. Who would have thought that innovations in the RYO world would benefit pipe smokers?
C&D's Haunted Bookshop in a GBD pot.

cortezattic

Lifer
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
Luis! That 5100 sounds good. I think I'll pour some coffee and have a bowl too. How are things working out in the aftermath of the quake?

dunendain

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 22, 2009
Smoking McClelland British Woods in Bjorne Churchwarden. Filling bottles of filtered water, oddly enough. Speaking of quakes. Since the quake hit Chile, there has been a new emphasis on Q awareness, here in LA. All that left for me to buy is a butane camp cooker.

lbarraa

Lurker
Feb 20, 2010
Yes, McClelland 5100 it´s great, I have been smoking during the last month and becomes one of my favourites blends for smoke during th day in a medium pipe. For the evening I prefer a English blend like GL Pease´s Westminster or Cairo or Maxim Engel´s Macedonian Mixture in a large bowl after the dinner.
THe half of the country still have problems, but in my region it´s OK, I live in the north coast, in a desertic region (Atacama´s desert). Nice warm weather, not tropical, but very sunny and dry, I look the ocean (pacific) during the mos part of the day.
The next thursday will change the goverment (president) and the most of the major authorities, the new president will have a great task for the recostruction, the chileans ussually have eartquakes, but not so great that the last one. I have hope because my country has a small but solid econnomy and the democracy works better than ever, but the problems are the politicians who don´t think in the best for the people(like in all the world).
Bests
Luis Barra

lbarraa

Lurker
Feb 20, 2010
After the earthquake in Chile, have been around 6 o 7 other earthquakes in differentes countries. May be is part of "global move". I hope this quakes stop soon. Dunendain keep a tobacco and emergency pipe!(dont forget the matches).

rover

Lurker
Feb 18, 2010
The best yet! McClelland's Tastemaster! Smooth and tasty, rich creamy smoke and no tongue bite whatsoever...I recommend it to newcomers especially. It smells as good as it tastes too.

Status
Not open for further replies.