PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

unclearthur

Lifer
Mar 9, 2010
What I have is a kind of fruity burley based aromatic. Not bad, not great. Probably worth the fifteen bucks a pound.

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
What I have is a kind of fruity burley based aromatic. Not bad, not great. Probably worth the fifteen bucks a pound.
Agreed. The burley is definitely in there and makes itself known but there are a few other things competing. Since it's a mixture of so many different blends, I've been noticing the tastes of different tobaccos all the way through the bowl.
In short, it's probably luck of the draw on what you'll get and whether you'll like it. I might have just been lucky, but I like it and think $15 for a pound is reasonable. If it's anything like the bag I got, it'll surely keep your taste buds busy.

dudleydipstick

Can't Leave
Dec 13, 2009
Some Cob Plug in a Duca Carlo earlier. Quit with a small bit of dottle left because I knew the niccups were just around the corner.
P.S.,
I have Furandfeather to thank for the word "niccups".

jonesing

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 11, 2010
I've been wondering about those hardwood MMs Bob.
I think sapo said he has one.
How's it smoke?

sapo59

Can't Leave
Dec 29, 2009
They smoke good Joensing, Almost like a cob. The bowl thickness is thin, I like to use them for flakes. Overall they are good smokers for what then are. IMHO you can't have enough knock around pipes to mistreat. I highly recommend 'em from my experiences with them.

bytor

Can't Leave
Jan 21, 2010
Washington
Tried Prince Albert for the first time earlier today in my yello-bole nose burner. Jury is still out on what I think of it...I'll give it a couple more bowls.

Status
Not open for further replies.