PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Not my first, but I still have my high school ride, a 1964 Ford Econoline van. Oh the stories it could tell
Ha! my daughter's first car is a 1972 Ford E300 "Chateau Wagon" she's had it for about a year and a half and she LOVES that beast!

mcitinner1

Lifer
Apr 5, 2014
Missouri
Trucks are now the same category of vehicle as the Veyron.
Huh??? Please explain. If that's a jibe at how expensive trucks are today, I agree. (that's why I drive a 20 year old truck) But ALL vehicles are expensive today.

wolfe64

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2015
Ontario Canada
I would like to have my old drag car back, this 1923 T with a 468" big block Chev. It ran 9:40's at around 143 mph.

Fun ride and I miss it dearly.
Mark

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
I want another one of these. Mine was gold. (sigh) 1970 Monte Carlo
1970montecarlo_1.jpg

fordm60

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2014
Those are some sweet rigs. Cajun your truck is my style! I love trucks. My choice is pictured below not necessarily that color but that year and model. I love the old Ford F-250 Highriders and my dad had a 1968 Ford truck and I just loved it. Never got into cars just Trucks and Harleys. Happy Smokes!!
48523f3e74c24c942ecff59d31900718-600x450.jpg

instymp

Lifer
Jul 30, 2012
Cajun, truck is beautiful, love all old ford pickups, car..40 ford. All I have is a model of it! Flat black & baby moons.

wolfe64

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 24, 2015
Ontario Canada
NICE!!! My 1st car at age 16 was a '55 Chevy. But I was driving at 14.
Used to hot wire my fathers car while he slept. He worked nights. My pal Nicky Scams and I would drive around the city when we were supposed to be in school.
To fill the gas tank so my dad didn't know we stole his car I would siphon gas out of a Cadillac owned by a priest who lived next store.
Loved those old cars!
That's awesome !!!!!! LOL
Mark

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
The 33 Ford and the pickup truck are works of art to me. All great cars. My cousin maintains his first car, a Plymouth Barracuda he had custom equipped at the factory from proceeds of working construction one summer.
I heartily agree about the Ford and truck. What year is that 'Cuda?
Ive owned a couple of these and have always been my favorite vehicles. I would love one completely modernized under the body.
I love the old Wagoneers. My dream specimen would be an early 1960s model with the buck toothed grill. Relatedly, I also love the old Gladiators. Who wouldn't want a truck with a "Vigilante" engine?

Sep 27, 2012
Upland, CA.
Relatedly, I also love the old Gladiators. Who wouldn't want a truck with a "Vigilante" engine?
I love those old gladiators, now that a truck that will go anywhere. I haven't seen one in the wild in ages. I wouldn't mind owning one, but I'll probably end up with a pre '76 ford F250 or 350 which more readily available Im afraid.
EDIT I also like the old Power Wagons, those were pretty bd ass too.

buroak

Lifer
Jul 29, 2014
Not too long ago I saw an early Gladiator in New England (MA, I think). A nearby town's fire department had a very well-preserved one, but someone else snagged it when it sold. I would imagine one of the firefighters took advantage of having the inside track on the truck. I know of two later Gladiators - re-badged as J20s, of course - in my area, but the owners will never part with them.
An old Ford would be a decent substitute.
When you saw an old Power Wagon, how old are you talking?

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
Wild how everyone's dream car varies....

Tarheel- Love that '70. My first car was a '70 chevelle, but with a 350... wish I still had it, I paid $700 for it... :cry:

Brad- That pick-up is poetry in motion.... WOW! Love it!

Hobbit- That's way cool you've kept that '55 all these years! NICE!! :clap:

Brian64- Man, I can see you groovin on some Bob Dylan, pipe clenched, cruisin in that car....... :worship:

mayfair- The '70 was my favorite Monte.... That one in the pic is exquisite!

Keep em coming guys, never get tired of seeing these old relics.......... :puffy:

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
My dream car was a 69 Camaro ...until they came out with the 5th generation styling. So I feel lucky to be currently driving my dream car.

zy7r0l.jpg

1znob38.jpg

tinsel

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 23, 2015
I guess I'd like to have a Buggati Veyron. I'd drive it once just for a thrill, then sell it and use the money for a LOT of other things I'd rather have
Nice choice. I'm with you on driving it once then selling it, too. Seems like a fun weekend.
Although, if money were really no object, I wouldn't sell it. I would buy it and absolutely thrash it. I would beat that thang like a rented mule and make it beg for mercy ... yet no mercy would it recieve. 250 MPH until the drivetrain simply could take no more and laid down.
If not a Bugatti Veyron, my next choice would be a McClaren P1, or maybe a "La Ferrari".

iamn8

Lifer
Sep 8, 2014
Moody, AL
That's the new one, not the Veyron. I'm with you on the P1! That's an insane car!! Did you see the review on Top Gear?

mayfair70

Lifer
Sep 14, 2015
@Hawke - I like that 2010 Camaro, bet it's a smooth ride. :)
To be honest, I would be happy with ANY vehicle posted in this thread. Love the old Pick-ups. If I can dream a little bigger, I'd get this childhood fascination from the Munsters made from a Hearse, three Model T's and a Cobra-289 4 speed.
04_Munster_Koach.JPG

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
@mayfair: That thing is incredible!
Brian64- Man, I can see you groovin on some Bob Dylan, pipe clenched, cruisin in that car.......
LOL
That '33 Ford you posted in the OP is true, pure class beefeater.
I think what appeals to me most about Professor Fate's "Hannibal Twin 8" though is the cannon.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R3Igz5SfBCE

Status
Not open for further replies.