PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dudditz

Part of the Furniture Now
Jun 3, 2021
New Jersey
In good ol' New Jersey, marijuana is legal, flavored vape products are not for fear of enticing kids and I'm sure pipe tobacco will be on someone's agenda here as it will surely be linked to enjoyment and relaxation amongst adults; which has to be banned and cannot be tolerated...

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
In good ol' New Jersey, marijuana is legal, flavored vape products are not for fear of enticing kids and I'm sure pipe tobacco will be on someone's agenda here as it will surely be linked to enjoyment and relaxation amongst adults; which has to be banned and cannot be tolerated...
It's still pretty restricted in its use and in all fairness, the public voted to legalize it. It was on the voting ballots and the residents voted for it.

Dudditz

Jun 3, 2021
New Jersey
It's still pretty restricted in its use and in all fairness, the public voted to legalize it. It was on the voting ballots and the residents voted for it.
It is actually less restricted than alcohol in many senses. The police cannot even discuss with parents any encounters with a minor in possession of pot. Yes, it was put before a vote and people did vote it in. My point was that this State takes steps to ban a substance (flavored vape juice) as it is believed it presented a risk to minors, yet put marijuana on a ballot for a vote. I personally do not care if someone wants to smoke pot or vape. Go for it. I just thought it was an absurd stance as much as I believe a ban or potential ban on flavored tobacco was.

Kal

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jul 1, 2021
Misplaced Texan, in Ohio
They'll probably add in extracts to prevent kids from flavoring their own. Lol.
A few years down the road raise taxes due to loss of tax revenues.

Aomalley27

Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
They'll probably add in extracts to prevent kids from flavoring their own. Lol.
A few years down the road raise taxes due to loss of tax revenues.
Chicago tried that when they enacted their city tobacco tax (they also have county, state and Federal tobacco taxes). Folks just drove across the border into Indiana (a ten minute drive) to get their tobacco.
Chicago started complaining about the lost revenues. ? Isn’t That what the tax was supposed to do? Make tobacco consumption difficult and diminishing?
They accomplished that goal, but grew fat off the tax, and quite frankly dependent. So they proposed another “for the children” tax on Soda.
It was trounced after a few weeks and revoked.
People don’t care until THEIR vice of choice is taxed, then it’s game on?

• Haha
Reactions: Kal and pantsBoots