PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
FWIW, one of the attendees of TJ's gathering was Greg Pease.

Right after posting the thread-starter I emailed him a link, saying "remember this?"

He called last night to say that while he had wanted to add his comments/recollection to the thread, it had gone sideways so quickly that it reminded him why he'd sworn off forums years ago. "I can't stand the signal-to-noise ratio anymore... the good stuff always gets derailed, while the bullshit is on auto-repeat."

Screen Shot 2024-07-04 at 5.52.27 PM.png

beefeater33

Lifer
Apr 14, 2014
Central Ohio
FWIW, one of the attendees of TJ's gathering was Greg Pease.

Right after posting the thread-starter I emailed him a link, saying "remember this?"

He called last night to say that while he had wanted to add his comments/recollection to the thread, it had gone sideways so quickly that it reminded him why he'd sworn off forums years ago. "I can't stand the signal-to-noise ratio anymore... the good stuff always gets derailed, while the bullshit is on auto-repeat."

View attachment 321878
I miss Greg’s posts here, but I FULLY understand why he doesn’t partake. I’ve seen so many armchair tobacco blenders argue and disagree with him- even with regards to his own blends…… Sad

InWithBothFeet

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 23, 2024
Richmond, KY
Anything sufficiently technological is indistinguishable from magic. They were time traveling androids programmed to display the actions that would indicate love and devotion. Later, they achieved sentience and realized that they were programmed that way, but were trapped by that programming. They actually hated that they were stuck together but even though they were aware, they were incapable of doing anything about it.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
They were time traveling androids programmed to display the actions that would indicate love and devotion. Later, they achieved sentience and realized that they were programmed that way, but were trapped by that programming. They actually hated that they were stuck together but even though they were aware, they were incapable of doing anything about it.

Wasn't that an episode of The Honeymooners?

Reactions: jpmcwjr

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Anything sufficiently technological is indistinguishable from magic. They were time traveling androids programmed to display the actions that would indicate love and devotion. Later, they achieved sentience and realized that they were programmed that way, but were trapped by that programming. They actually hated that they were stuck together but even though they were aware, they were incapable of doing anything about it.

I love logical, sensible explanations ^^^^ of situations and things you never even suspected existed.

Some people even make movies about them:

Screen Shot 2024-07-04 at 9.36.29 PM.png

• Haha
Reactions: JOHN72 and brian64