PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

ron123

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
For Mr. Embers ---

I'm shocked---shocked I say! (lol)---that you're hiding behind ignore lists and such to avoid answering my question.

Which leaves only two possibilities for having made the claim in the first place:

1) You posted disparaging bullshit knowing it was bullshit

or

2) You simply repeated what someone told you, not caring that it was disparaging bullshit.

Neither is a good look, I'm afraid.
I took it to mean that he (chasing embers) was thrown off some sites, and so he now has some people on ignore here because he dislikes their posts, so by not seeing them, the temptation to flame them doesn't present itself. I've got a few people on ignore and am sure it's more than just me and embers that take advantage of the feature. It just makes it easier to, well, ignore them. It's a little surprising that he'd state that he has someone specific on ignore...better to just do it and move on, without naming names IMO.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
OK, this is becoming slightly paranormal...

I just came back from searching for some photos I took on the drive to TJ's because it included Sonora Pass, one of the most spectacular drives in the lower 48. (Extra-cool because it was May, and the snow gets so deep the pass is closed until early summer, so I had to call the California highway people at my last "decision point" up in Reno and hope for the best. And they said it had just opened.)

Why did I want to post the pics in this thread, though? To show that the magic of the trip started before I even arrived at the destination. The views are otherworldly.

I couldn't find them, though. :(

Now comes the slightly paranormal part:

When I got back from looking and fired up my computer, one of my YouTube suggestions was a realtime dashcam video of the exact same Springtime drive over the pass... uploaded two days ago.

Zero

Lifer
Apr 9, 2021
Heaven on Earth in that video, truly breathtaking. I have two slightly paranormal examples that I've experienced posting on this forum that I can illustrate (though not exactly a smoking gun, similar themes), there are more but it's my bedtime. March 2024 and October 2023. These kinda things happen often, but I consider them strange coincidences at some times and just what the hell roll with it there's something beyond my human brain that I can't put a finger on it or control...it just happens. Just coincidences...Screenshot_20240702-215052~2.pngScreenshot_20240702-215936~2.pngScreenshot_20240702-220244~2.pngScreenshot_20240702-220232~2.pngScreenshot_20240702-220530~2.pngmaybe nothing...😉

Reactions: JOHN72 and brian64

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
I took it to mean that he (chasing embers) was thrown off some sites, and so he now has some people on ignore here because he dislikes their posts, so by not seeing them, the temptation to flame them doesn't present itself.

While grammatically conceivable, it's doubtful he would refer to something HE said as an "insulting tirade".

I didn't even know that george was posting. After being kicked off of several forums for insulting tirades, I just have him on ignore here.

His lack of a response either here or via PM is also telling. No force on Earth will ever get him to acknowledge that someone pushed back on his bullshit, never mind refuted it.

He much prefers shooting at people after it's dark, from a blacked-out car, then accelerating away while grinning at himself in the rearview mirror.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Now comes the slightly paranormal part:

When I got back from looking and fired up my computer, one of my YouTube suggestions was a realtime dashcam video of the exact same Springtime drive over the pass... uploaded two days ago.

Might be the doings of AI.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
Heaven on Earth in that video, truly breathtaking. I have two slightly paranormal examples that I've experienced posting on this forum that I can illustrate (though not exactly a smoking gun, similar themes), there are more but it's my bedtime. March 2024 and October 2023. These kinda things happen often, but I consider them strange coincidences at some times and just what the hell roll with it there's something beyond my human brain that I can't put a finger on it or control...it just happens. Just coincidences...View attachment 321471View attachment 321472View attachment 321473View attachment 321474View attachment 321476maybe nothing...😉

There's only one way to test this. You must go into a deep trance and just start writing numbers as fast as you can...then put it in a time capsule.

Marie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 15, 2024
Los Angeles
There's only one way to test this. You must go into a deep trance and just start writing numbers as fast as you can...then put it in a time capsule.

That was actually a decent movie. lol The sideways bend with this thread reminds me of the method of remote viewing. Now if I could just remote view how to smoke my chimney pipe.

Reactions: brian64

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
That was actually a decent movie. lol The sideways bend with this thread reminds me of the method of remote viewing. Now if I could just remote view how to smoke my chimney pipe.

I agree...I like that movie a lot...have it on DVD and have watched it a few times over the years.

Remote viewing is interesting...I'm pretty sure @Zero could help you with that. If anyone here has done it, I'd bet it's him.

Marie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 15, 2024
Los Angeles
I agree...I like that movie a lot...have it on DVD and have watched it a few times over the years.

Remote viewing is interesting...I'm pretty sure @Zero could help you with that. If anyone here has done it, I'd bet it's him.
I have a book on remote viewing that appears to follow structured protocol...just haven't applied the mind to target in that specific way. My exposure is more towards divination, mediumship and the like. Speaking of pipe smoking and the paranormal...always interesting when people share experiences of the fragrance of pipe smoke when there are no pipe smokers that live or work in the space. There could always be other variables in play...sometimes though, it cannot easily be explained away.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
I have a book on remote viewing that appears to follow structured protocol...just haven't applied the mind to target in that specific way. My exposure is more towards divination, mediumship and the like. Speaking of pipe smoking and the paranormal...always interesting when people share experiences of the fragrance of pipe smoke when there are no pipe smokers that live or work in the space. There could always be other variables in play...sometimes though, it cannot easily be explained away.
It's called being mental. I do smell things out of nowhere that brings back certain memories. And I know my brain's damaged.

• Haha
Reactions: Marie

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011

Well, if you ask me, there have been a few paranormal things going on around here lately.

Just a few days ago, someone started a thread about visiting Mark Twain's ghost house. Right after that we have all kinds of skirmishes going on over Mark Twain. Does anyone really believe THAT is a coincidence?

And the most paranormal thing of all... @georged of all people starts a thread about magic and the paranormal. In what alternate universe does THAT happen? Is this even the real George, or is it some impostor who's apparently been thrown off of a bunch of other forums...probably for conjuring spells or something.

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
And the most paranormal thing of all... @georged of all people starts a thread about magic and the paranormal. In what alternate universe does THAT happen? Is this even the real George, or is it some impostor who's apparently been thrown off of a bunch of other forums...probably for conjuring spells or something.

I'm definitely one of those "You gotta be able to hit it with a wrench and hear ringing noise" types.

Put another way, the burden of proof is on the Amazing Event, not the other way around.

Killjoy is me, I know.

Long-odds coincidences don't constitute a ringing noise, but they are fun to wonder about when in a science fiction-y mood.

The amazing feelings that accompanied the TJ Meetup were doubtless caused by the flood of dopamine that was released by the overall pleasantness, surprises, and revelations of the event itself.

Climbing into the UFO that hovered over his house the first night, visiting Sagittarius VII, and returning before everyone else woke up probably didn't hurt, either.

bullet08

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
RTP, NC. USA
Had very similar experience. My friend who passed away sometime ago invited me to his little brother's bachelor party. I had a feeling this wasn't gonna end well. We got kicked out of six different places including a low dive strip club where his older brother proclaimed he will gut the owner like a pig. We ended up at a piano bar where the bride and groom to be decided to dry hump each other on top of a grand piano. Small group of other patrons expressed extreme disgust. Of course, it lead to a fight. Whole bar against our party. It spilled out to the street and paddy wagons were called. My friend's wife was asking me to pull him out of the fight. All hell was breaking open. I grabbed my car as fast as I could, load our party in the car and got away before cops could arrested any of us. One of more memorable few hours in my life. It came close to my friend's collage graduation where we got into fight with his school's lacrosse team.

Marie

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 15, 2024
Los Angeles
Had very similar experience. My friend who passed away sometime ago invited me to his little brother's bachelor party. I had a feeling this wasn't gonna end well. We got kicked out of six different places including a low dive strip club where his older brother proclaimed he will gut the owner like a pig. We ended up at a piano bar where the bride and groom to be decided to dry hump each other on top of a grand piano. Small group of other patrons expressed extreme disgust. Of course, it lead to a fight. Whole bar against our party. It spilled out to the street and paddy wagons were called. My friend's wife was asking me to pull him out of the fight. All hell was breaking open. I grabbed my car as fast as I could, load our party in the car and got away before cops could arrested any of us. One of more memorable few hours in my life. It came close to my friend's collage graduation where we got into fight with his school's lacrosse team.
Reads like a movie script...but seriously, you had me with the paddy wagons. :ROFLMAO:

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I took it to mean that he (chasing embers) was thrown off some sites
Nope, not i. I don't go into fits and start talking down to others that don't agree with me. Brought up the ignore situation because the gif I posted wasn't a reaction to the OP but a now deleted post. Can't even see the OP.

Last edited:
Reactions: JOHN72

georged

Lifer
Mar 7, 2013
Nope, not i. I don't go into fits and start talking down to others that don't agree with me. Brought up the ignore situation because the gif I posted wasn't a reaction to the OP but a now deleted post.

You crack me up.

You went from "[he was] kicked off of several forums for insulting tirades" to "talking down to others that don't agree with [him]" without missing a beat.

Give the appearance of addressing the issue without acknowledging that your initial accusation/claim was bullshit.

Last edited by a moderator:

ron123

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 28, 2015
Park Ridge, IL
While grammatically conceivable, it's doubtful he would refer to something HE said as an "insulting tirade".

I didn't even know that george was posting. After being kicked off of several forums for insulting tirades, I just have him on ignore here.

His lack of a response either here or via PM is also telling. No force on Earth will ever get him to acknowledge that someone pushed back on his bullshit, never mind refuted it.

He much prefers shooting at people after it's dark, from a blacked-out car, then accelerating away while grinning at himself in the rearview mirror.
I read "insulting tirade" as a mea culpa. Apparently I was wrong there, too LOL. The reason I posted the response was because if he had you on "ignore" then he wouldn't see your subsequent posts but my post gave him the opportunity to confirm (or refute) my interpretation.

Reactions: Chasing Embers