Sun Bear John

Might Stick Around
Feb 5, 2022
Missouri Ozarks

Terry Lennox

Can't Leave
Aug 11, 2021
Southern California
Does anyone have knowledge of the current US labeling laws? Is there a deadline date for putting warnings on tins? I'm curious how Mac Baren and SP are getting around the warning labels. I love this tin art and wish more companies would go back to old tin art. I mean if they have found a way surely others could do so. Or maybe they are just skirting the regulations for limited editions?

kschatey

Lifer
Oct 16, 2019
Ohio
Does anyone have knowledge of the current US labeling laws? Is there a deadline date for putting warnings on tins? I'm curious how Mac Baren and SP are getting around the warning labels. I love this tin art and wish more companies would go back to old tin art. I mean if they have found a way surely others could do so. Or maybe they are just skirting the regulations for limited editions?
I believe the latest is that pipe tobacco warning labels are no longer required and/or aren't being enforced at this time.

Jan 30, 2020
New Jersey
I believe the latest is that pipe tobacco warning labels are no longer required and/or aren't being enforced at this time.
Correct. FDA can require them but only after they’ve done the appropriate research and set the goals of what the label will achieve against it. That’s why it was shot down by the courts. They were missing the data points which is required by their own rules.