PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I have the UPS mychoice so it upgraded to ground free automatically
png-transparent-like-a-boss-internet-meme-know-your-meme-rage-comic-like-a-boss-white-face-text-thumbnail.png

Jan 27, 2020
Although the price is nice and I’m sure I’ll like it to a certain extent can’t help but to be annoyed with myself for being duped by the fake scarcity thing. Going to do my best to avoid those sort of purchases in the future, the times I bought under pressure with the kbv releases it only ended up with mylars of soggy tobacco from my tears. I did add a sample of that Planta blend Funkmeister was talking about to my order, likely will hit that first, oh and a Rocky Patel corona.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Although the price is nice and I’m sure I’ll like it to a certain extent can’t help but to be annoyed with myself for being duped by the fake scarcity thing. Going to do my best to avoid those sort of purchases in the future, the times I bought under pressure with the kbv releases it only ended up with mylars of soggy tobacco from my tears. I did add a sample of that Planta blend Funkmeister was talking about to my order, likely will hit that first, oh and a Rocky Patel corona.
I doubt you’ll be disappointed in the Stockton. Also to order it from overseas with shipping would cost 2-3x as much, even though it’s available in Europe.

Jan 27, 2020
I doubt you’ll be disappointed in the Stockton. Also to order it from overseas with shipping would cost 2-3x as much, even though it’s available in Europe.

I’m sure but every month I debate ordering a pound of Peretti but I’m always putting it off...then I succumb to this marketing. Anyway, I plan to put most of it away for a much later date.

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
it isn't roll cake.
it's the dark fired centered coins from dark twist.
in dark twist there are more VA coins than DFK coins...
so you'd have to buy 3 tins of dark twist to get 1 tins worth of stockton.

you're waiting for a C&D product? sorry man.
Yes, I mean dark twist. I couldn't remember the name.

Yes, I'm waiting! Don't feel sorry. I'll have 10 tins!

Reactions: 3rdguy and BROBS

troyniss

Can't Leave
Jul 8, 2018
Michigan
I think he meant he feels sorry that someone would wait for a C&D product.
Haha, I suppose that's another way of looking at it. There are many who really enjoy Sun Bear including myself and have been looking forward to the next release. I only bought two tins last time, so I can try one right away and age another. If I like it, the next round I buy 10. I passed on the Sansepelcro this year because I never opened the others previously.

As Brobs has stated, you could also get Stockton from overseas but makes a good point that you'll pay in shipping. I think it's a nice gesture that they are releasing it in the USA, but why not year-round? I mean, they already make Dark Twist and that's available. You really can't beat the price for the 100g tin though. Cheers for those of you who get it and will enjoy it for the years to come.

C&D has been a love/hate. The bulk blends I have tried and a few tinned blends, I was disappointed with, but the Small Batch blends strike a chord with me, as well as Sunset Harbor Flake.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
C&D has been a love/hate. The bulk blends I have tried and a few tinned blends, I was disappointed with, but the Small Batch blends strike a chord with me, as well as Sunset Harbor Flake.
I’m just a VA guy and I haven’t dug any of their VAs I’ve tried so I stopped trying. I’ve heard their burley is top notch but I’m not a burley guy.

Jan 27, 2020
Haha, I suppose that's another way of looking at it. There are many who really enjoy Sun Bear including myself and have been looking forward to the next release. I only bought two tins last time, so I can try one right away and age another. If I like it, the next round I buy 10. I passed on the Sansepelcro this year because I never opened the others previously.

As Brobs has stated, you could also get Stockton from overseas but makes a good point that you'll pay in shipping. I think it's a nice gesture that they are releasing it in the USA, but why not year-round? I mean, they already make Dark Twist and that's available. You really can't beat the price for the 100g tin though. Cheers for those of you who get it and will enjoy it for the years to come.

I’ve only tried Haunted Bookshop and Bayou Morning and didn’t like either, although I’ve been blending the former with some VaPers which has made it smokable (to me).

Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.