PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
So I ordered 16oz of HH pure Virginia from a well known vendor, expecting a box of flake like I'm use to with the lbs of HH series. I got a bulk package, no factory marking, of what appears to be a Ready Rubbed Flake of some sort. Now I know that HH old dark fired comes in this format. Does the HH pure Virginia come like this as an option, or did I get some random stuff in a bag??

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
So I ordered 16oz of HH pure Virginia from a well known vendor, expecting a box of flake like I'm use to with the lbs of HH series. I got a bulk package, no factory marking, of what appears to be a Ready Rubbed Flake of some sort. Now I know that HH old dark fired comes in this format. Does the HH pure Virginia come like this as an option, or did I get some random stuff in a bag??
Sounds to me like VA #1 which is cheaper than HH pure Va

Aomalley27

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 8, 2021
Chicagoland area
I could venture a guess who did it, but will refrain. Just make sure they didn’t pull the old switcheroo on your order confirmation. I’ve had that happen, where I ordered top tier tobacco, and when I went to check out, it was switched to something cheap (but price remained). Same vendor sent me something (their house blend) in lieu of what I ordered, then tried giving me the runaround when I complained. Said “it’s virtually the same” then offered a 20% off coupon, then claimed they didn’t have what I ordered in stock. I contested charges with my CC and they were reversed. Haven’t done business with them since.

gervais

Lifer
Sep 4, 2019
Ontario
I could venture a guess who did it, but will refrain. Just make sure they didn’t pull the old switcheroo on your order confirmation. I’ve had that happen, where I ordered top tier tobacco, and when I went to check out, it was switched to something cheap (but price remained). Same vendor sent me something (their house blend) in lieu of what I ordered, then tried giving me the runaround when I complained. Said “it’s virtually the same” then offered a 20% off coupon, then claimed they didn’t have what I ordered in stock. I contested charges with my CC and they were reversed. Haven’t done business with them since.
I'm not going to call them out just yet. I'll give it a week or so for a reply with some sort of explanation. I hate slandering someones name if there is an honest mistake that was made and corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.