Mac Baren's Vanilla Roll Cake, Worth a Buy?

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh Mark Tinsky Pipes
72 Fresh Peterson Pipes
36 Fresh Ropp Pipes
3 Fresh Becker Pipes
3 Fresh Emiliano Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

DanWil84

Lifer
Mar 8, 2021
The Netherlands (Europe)
I smoke the classic loose cut, so just a regular ribbon instead of the coins but u think the recipe is the the same and quite like it. For an aromatic it is still enough tobacco tasting to me where the vanilla is sometimes even hard to note, with a good retrohale it stays a little longer. I smoke it from a fresh cob and the cob keeps the aroma, so there goes the "cobs don't ghost" myth for me. The smell in the pouch and room note is great. It burnes clean, with control it doesn't warm the pipe to much and leaves little to no moisture.

I could see myself smoking this regularly and I would recommend it if your normally smoking non aromatic as a change of pace. I wouldn't cellar for it, but with each cellar purchase a pouch or tin here and there wouldn't hurt.

hawky454

Lifer
Feb 11, 2016
Austin, TX
I haven't tried this one yet but definitely plan to someday when I place another order, sounds really nice. Though, if I happen to miss the boat on it for whatever reason, it won't give me any heartache. This is a regular release right, not a limited release or small batch thingy?

Servant King

Lifer
Nov 27, 2020
Frazier Park, CA
www.thechembow.com
I haven't tried this one yet but definitely plan to someday when I place another order, sounds really nice. Though, if I happen to miss the boat on it for whatever reason, it won't give me any heartache. This is a regular release right, not a limited release or small batch thingy?
Yep, this is a regular MacB blend, not a limited release or anything in that vein. Keep an eye out for MacBaren sales, as they're relatively frequent, although I know TP just had one end this weekend.

TheWhale13

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 12, 2021
Sweden
Sorry for reviving the thread and for asking a stupid question but, how bad do you think this would ghost meerschaum? I am going to get this blend soon and I can only see how it goes myself, but I would appreciate a heads up :)

dctune

Sorry for reviving the thread and for asking a stupid question but, how bad do you think this would ghost meerschaum? I am going to get this blend soon and I can only see how it goes myself, but I would appreciate a heads up :)
I’ve smoked the McB’s Vanilla Cream in my meerschaum with zero problems. Haven’t really noticed any ghosting when I switch back to English.

May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
I really don’t believe it’ll ? your Meer. MacBaren really hit a home run as far as any Vanilla blend produced on the market IMHO. What’s better is the underlying ? in combination with the additives will likely color your bowl beautifully. I smoke this in my Meers, briars & ?s and haven’t noticed any issues. ?☕

dctune

Thank you.

I only smoke Virginias out of my meerschaum so I don't know how much different it would be compared to your situation. I'm just going to have to try it myself.
Best of luck! I also keep cake from forming in my meer. I just use a baby wipe after about 3 smokes, then let it dry out for 24+ hours bf I smoke it again. That might influence the whole situation as well.

MRW

Jan 6, 2022
Fort Worth Texas
Reading this thread sparked my interest with this blend. When I began my pipe smoking journey, I never thought about aero's. My biased thoughts were tobaccos cased and glupy. So far, I have been right. Gross! This thread changed that. Premium tobacco from a reputable establishment with a nice vanilla topping. I thought why not add this to my morning coffee? Well, I suppose my expectations far exceeding my experience. I found this to be but a bland tobacco with little notes that I was expecting. I was wanting desert like flavor. I received just another bland tobacco blend. I will keep searching.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy