PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I put the better part of a tin in a jar and forgot about it; after a year it bit considerably less.
I don't appreciate a blend that forces you to smoke it slowly or suffer the consequences.

Spinkle

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 16, 2019
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
I am smoking this as I type, almost to the end of this my first tin. I think it is a stellar blend. This stuff never even comes close to biting me - I refused to even try regular Mac Baren blends hearing of all the bite. I do not find that to be my experience at all, though perhaps waiting until I had a good year of practice under my belt is what made the difference.

Reactions: Casual and dcon
May 2, 2018
Bucks County, PA
As tastes vary, Plumcake was one of the very few blends that I can’t tolerate. It left a funky sweet aftertaste that completely turned me off. Got through half a tin & sent the rest to another who appreciated it.

Good review though & glad you enjoyed it!?☕

Reactions: adui

Pierre1965

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 6, 2020
I wonder if it’s a chemistry thing. I don’t get bite from Mac Baren, but I also find many C&D blends harsh. Is it an either/or depending on your ph?
I agree. I love the way several C&D blends smell, but I have a hard time smoking them. I know they're good blends, but I get strong cigarette flavor and "harshness". I don't know exactly how to describe it? You may be on to it being a body chemistry thing because I know several others who smoke the same blends and don't experience them the way I do. I really enjoy a heavily Latakia forward blend while some I know would rather chew glass than smoke latakia.

Reactions: Spinkle and Casual
Status
Not open for further replies.