PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChuckMijo

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 26, 2020
I picked up a tin of this and ODF, last week at my BM. I never tried it before and as fussy as I am, I wasn’t sure I’d like it. I’m almost done the tin and absolutely love it. ODF I have smoked before it’s ok. My question is what’s similar to Dark Twist?

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
I picked up a tin of this and ODF, last week at my BM. I never tried it before and as fussy as I am, I wasn’t sure I’d like it. I’m almost done the tin and absolutely love it. ODF I have smoked before it’s ok. My question is what’s similar to Dark Twist?
Three nuns, Doblone D’oro, Stockton, Newminster 403

a little lighter but similar: mixture Scottish, mixture flake, club blend, roll cake

pantsBoots

Lifer
Jul 21, 2020
Terra Firma
Three nuns, Doblone D’oro, Stockton, Newminster 403

a little lighter but similar: mixture Scottish, mixture flake, club blend, roll cake
I'll second Doblone d'Oro as being similar, but with it being much more complex and having more going on than Dark Twist. Stockton is the only one I can think of that compares. Wish they'd do another release of it as I've only got a couple tins saved back

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
Absolutely, although I've found I can alter the Dark Twist by visually sorting the coins. I'll agree that although all Doblone d'Oro coins look the same to me, sometimes it's sweet, sometimes it's spicy, sometimes it's woody, sometimes it's something else.
yeah sometimes it's one of the best things I've smoked other times it's not so great.

Status
Not open for further replies.