PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

briarbuck

Lifer
Nov 24, 2015
So..me and my household got Covid earlier this month. Luckily, me and the wifey only experienced mild flue like symptoms. I did end up losing my sense of smell in the process. For the last few days, I have started regaining some sense of smell back and feel back to normal with no flu like symptoms. My coffee started to smell like coffee. My shampoo started to smell like shampoo.

I decided to try my first pipe since i was diagnosed and damnit...I guess I'm going to need sit on the sidelines a bit longer.

Packed my bent-bulldog full of some delicious English pipe tobacco. I lit her up and it smelled like musty marshmallow. No latakia flavor...no oriental flavor..no bright Virgina. Just old sneaker and stale marshmallow. Very weird/interesting how certain smells are affected.

Anyone else dealing with loss of smell due to Covid-19? Any lingering effects you guys may have experienced?

Good thing this is a temporary ailment (for most)! I look forward to getting back at it!
Yup. Had it very early last year without knowing what I had. The no taste thing lasted about 2 months for me.

Reactions: Pondfisher

Reggie

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 22, 2020
Gardendale, Alabama
Had the virus in December 2020. Total loss of smell. Still has not come back to normal. I have noticed that Virginias don't taste quite the same for me now. That is what my cellar is predominately comprised of. I am now doing the Burley thing with no regrets but would love to get back to the Va/Pers. On a positive note, haven't smelled a fart since last year!;)

Pondfisher

Might Stick Around
Dec 23, 2019
East Lansing, MI
Had the virus in December 2020. Total loss of smell. Still has not come back to normal. I have noticed that Virginias don't taste quite the same for me now. That is what my cellar is predominately comprised of. I am now doing the Burley thing with no regrets but would love to get back to the Va/Pers. On a positive note, haven't smelled a fart since last year!;)

Ha ha! Now that you say that..I have noticed that my air freshener usage is way down!! hahaha!

• Haha
Reactions: Reggie
Status
Not open for further replies.