PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefff

Lifer
May 28, 2015
Chicago
I have never been a big fan of Latakia and mostly smoke Virginias and VaPers. I do however really enjoy Mcc Anniversary Blend. I like what seems to be a very light touch of Latakia.
Can anyone recommend something like it? Something with just a hint of Latakia?

hawke

Lifer
Feb 1, 2014
Augusta, Ga
Often my taste for Latakia will change from day to day or even hour to hour so I like to have some pure "Blending Latakia" on hand to add a little zing to my smoke at times.

rmbittner

Lifer
Dec 12, 2012
Anniversary is a wonderful blend. This might be too far afield from your tastes, but you might enjoy Samual Gawith's Navy Flake, which is mostly a VA/burley flake but with a tiny bit of latakia in it. I also believe that Gawith and Hoggarth's Bob's Chocolate Flake has a latakia element as well. (If you haven't tried it, don't be put off by the name; it is NOT an aromatic.) I haven't reviewed my notes on these blends, but my memory is that the latakia in both is barely perceptible.
For a controversial suggestion, you might want to try Presbyterian Mixture. It's very much an oriental-forward blend, and some deny that there's any latakia in it at all. But regardless, it's worth trying.

Status
Not open for further replies.