SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Dec 21, 2022
Welcome! You'll find good answers below- I'm a Balkan lover, so no help with VA's.

Also, please introduce yourself in Newcomer's area!

Hello, I'm a new member here. Have been smoking a pipe on and off for a couple of years and now i'm looking to switch cigarettes for a pipe permanently. I've tried St Bruno tobacco, Peterson's early morning pipe and a couple of others i can't remember the names of. But now i'm looking for something richer/ stronger, something that hits the throat a little bit harder. Any suggestions?

Thank you, Patrick.

Last edited by a moderator:

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Hello i'm a new member here. Have been smoking a pipe on and off for a couple of years and now i'm looking to switch cigarettes for a pipe permanently. I've tried St Bruno tobacco, Peterson's early morning pipe and a couple of others i can't remember the names of. But now i'm looking for something richer/ stronger, something that hits the throat a little bit harder. Any suggestions?

Thank you, Patrick.
G'day and welcome from Oz. z-aussie beach flag bikini girl.jpgOver 12 years ago I was hopelessly addicted to cigarettes. Cravings would hit 30 minutes after the last lung buster. The changes to my smoking habits after switching exclusively to a pipe have simply been remarkable.
My only regret is not making the switch long before I did.
No longer do I crave [more like a hankering for a puff :col: ] I'm able to go most of the day without when otherwise occupied [like when driving an 18-speed truck]
Going without is no longer an issue. Now I'm smoking way less as a result.

To be free from the cigs, one must go all in or nothing. [Before I switched to a pipe, quit attempts were torture. Just one ciggie was all it took to fall off the wagon]

Interesting that you're going for "richer/stronger" tobacco.
Having been led astray by anti-smoking propaganda, I figured that nicotine was the cause of my addiction but now I'm not so sure.
Research revealed that tailor-made cigarettes have a staggering 300-600 added chemicals, some of which I'm convinced are more addictive than the nicotine. [For the record; pipe tobacco has no nasty chems added {some aromatics have a little harmless propylene glycol as a humectant}]

Now I only smoke mild, mild to medium blends with mild Vit N.
Although I still inhale a little smoke every several or so puffs, the longer I smoke a pipe, the less I inhale.

The "richer/stronger" blends would turn me green these days but that's fine with me because I finally got the addiction monkey off my back.

Nonetheless, it intrigues me how many members here smoke the strong stuff yet none report cravings.
I'd be interested to hear your experience once you've successfully switched exclusively to a pipe.

Good luck. The first week without cigs is the hardest [but nowhere near as bad as a quit attempt] but it only gets better from there. puffy

ChonkyTonks

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 14, 2022
Philly
Welcome from Philly.

My recommendations right now are 1792 flake for depth of flavor. For back of the throat, definitely Peterson's Irish Flake. You will get a tonne of flavor and your throat will feel it. I find that Chenet's Cake can do the same, but more so on the retrohale.

Reactions: UncleRasta
Dec 21, 2022
G'day and welcome from Oz. View attachment 188790Over 12 years ago I was hopelessly addicted to cigarettes. Cravings would hit 30 minutes after the last lung buster. The changes to my smoking habits after switching exclusively to a pipe have simply been remarkable.
My only regret is not making the switch long before I did.
No longer do I crave [more like a hankering for a puff :col: ] I'm able to go most of the day without when otherwise occupied [like when driving an 18-speed truck]
Going without is no longer an issue. Now I'm smoking way less as a result.

To be free from the cigs, one must go all in or nothing. [Before I switched to a pipe, quit attempts were torture. Just one ciggie was all it took to fall off the wagon]

Interesting that you're going for "richer/stronger" tobacco.
Having been led astray by anti-smoking propaganda, I figured that nicotine was the cause of my addiction but now I'm not so sure.
Research revealed that tailor-made cigarettes have a staggering 300-600 added chemicals, some of which I'm convinced are more addictive than the nicotine. [For the record; pipe tobacco has no nasty chems added {some aromatics have a little harmless propylene glycol as a humectant}]

Now I only smoke mild, mild to medium blends with mild Vit N.
Although I still inhale a little smoke every several or so puffs, the longer I smoke a pipe, the less I inhale.

The "richer/stronger" blends would turn me green these days but that's fine with me because I finally got the addiction monkey off my back.

Nonetheless, it intrigues me how many members here smoke the strong stuff yet none report cravings.
I'd be interested to hear your experience once you've successfully switched exclusively to a pipe.

Good luck. The first week without cigs is the hardest [but nowhere near as bad as a quit attempt] but it only gets better from there. puffy
Thanks for you message Chopper and hello to you from Britain! I also have my doubts about nicotine being the addictive thing about smoking. For me the feeling of cigarette smoke entering my lungs is what i seem to enjoy, which is also the hardest thing about smoking a pipe, it sort of leaves me feeling dissatisfied or like i haven't had a smoke! But i'm expecting to gradually get used to the change over time. That might also be why i'm after a richer tobacco with more kick. Thanks mate