PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Effortlessdepths

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 7, 2020
Micanopy, FL
I had to return my Xikar Pipeline because it was so fli.sy and the fuel control went bad in a week. Very disappointed. Well designed in theory, but the quality was lacking. I bit the bullet and bought an IM Corona Pipe Master and I've never been happier. Ticks off all the boxes for me. Long, wide, circular tamper that when pulled out, is ACTUALLY long enough to be a real pick/aerator, large fuel capacity, easy to light, slim but substantial, solid yet elegant, I can't be happier. I should have just done this to begin with, like @hoosierpipeguy said. I'll be sticking with this one from now on.

Gavrin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 1, 2021
Idaho
I've tried a lot of high end lighters and they really don't offer much more than what's been recommended a million times. A Zippo. I recommend a Zippo of your choice and replace the insert with a butane insert so you don't have to deal with the lighter fluid smell and taste . You'll have a lighter that works in all situations.
I hope Dar is reading this or anyone else that might know: I have a zippo pipe lighter and would like to change to a butane insert. I read that a Thunderbird was decent but it was from a report back in 2016 or 2018. The reviews on amazon were more recent and said they were not working well or long etc. Does anyone know about the Thunderbird pipe insert for a zippo case and if its works well? Does anyone have another suggestion for a butane insert for a zippo case? Thanks in advance.

Gavrin

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 1, 2021
Idaho
I hope Dar is reading this or anyone else that might know: I have a zippo pipe lighter and would like to change to a butane insert. I read that a Thunderbird was decent but it was from a report back in 2016 or 2018. The reviews on amazon were more recent and said they were not working well or long etc. Does anyone know about the Thunderbird pipe insert for a zippo case and if its works well? Does anyone have another suggestion for a butane insert for a zippo case? Thanks in advance.
That was what I was also asking about. Where does one find a butane insert that fits the zippo case? I was reading there is one called Thunderbird so I looked on the amazon page. It sounded as though some had trouble getting that insert into the zippo case. I wondered if anyone knew what insert for sure would fit. Or if someone has used that Thunderbird and fit it into the standard zippo lighter case? I collecEd some zippo lighters years back and have a cool,one I would like to use with the type of insert u r talking about. Just not sure if it will fit. Thanks for your time.

Reactions: hoosierpipeguy

HopHand

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 17, 2021
Montrose Colorado
This is slowly turning into my go to lighter. If it wasn't oil it already would be but I go back and forth on the cab taste it can't thing. Lights Everytime has for 3-4 years and the round bottom fits my .75 pipes perfectly for tamping. It's a hold over from us field hands trying to find a lighter that would work in the high winds better than a Zippo and it does so almost every field hand I know now has one or three. Made by the Honest lighter company.

Attachments

• 16361309827034259367805446679726.jpg
    16361309827034259367805446679726.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 18
Oct 22, 2021
Oakland, CA
Saw someone on Reddit with a Dissim lighter. Ordered one with a 50% promo code that the poster gave me, which made it only $44. So I said wth and pulled the trigger. It just arrived today, so I gotta get some butane, but I’ll report back with some results idk if this is allowed here but the code is:
Backer50

JKoD

May 9, 2021
IN
Saw someone on Reddit with a Dissim lighter. Ordered one with a 50% promo code that the poster gave me, which made it only $44. So I said wth and pulled the trigger. It just arrived today, so I gotta get some butane, but I’ll report back with some results idk if this is allowed here but the code is:
Backer50
Like this one?

AF9A4E87-7B4A-4982-9B2D-3CA4E2414BDD.png

JKoD

May 9, 2021
IN
That’s the one! I’ve used it a couple times today, and it works just as good as a bic. Lol. I normally use a zippo with a pipe insert when I’m on the go, and matches at home, but this lighter gives me a better char and true light then both. We’ll see if it lasts.
Seems whoever selling in Reddit using 50% off to still sell them at full retail…?‍♂️. Or I’ve read that horribly wrong.

Oct 22, 2021
Oakland, CA
Seems whoever selling in Reddit using 50% off to still sell them at full retail…?‍♂️. Or I’ve read that horribly wrong.
Seems like it… on the dissim site they’re priced at $88 and with the code they’re $44. Which is still more than the $39 posted above. But a quick google search shows pricing all over the place… luckily I paid at the lower end of the spectrum. Lol

JKoD

May 9, 2021
IN
Seems like it… on the dissim site they’re priced at $88 and with the code they’re $44. Which is still more than the $39 posted above. But a quick google search shows pricing all over the place… luckily I paid at the lower end of the spectrum. Lol
Yeah - online sales really get bazaar sometimes. And if direct from Dissim them they are listing their suggested retail price and then giving the 50% so they can also move some and make retail rather than the distribution price.

I like what companies like Benchmade do. All retailers sell their product at same price. Sometimes you get a flash type sale at one of them, but generally their new products cost the same everywhere. Still pay more direct from Benchmade, so, you just don’t buy direct from them.

Hope you enjoy the lighter!

delkhouri

Can't Leave
May 4, 2013
Columbus Ohio
AF629F3B-D5E8-43D0-83E7-E7DE97348D17.png

Anyone use one of these. my peterson old boy died and i don’t want to drop more money on another “good“ lighter that just doesn’t last. I dont like zippo fuel taste and i dont like using a bic because i dont like to char the rims of my pipes. I have also had no luck with colibris, lotus, or xikars over the years.

Reactions: SpookedPiper

mingc

Lifer
Jun 20, 2019
The Big Rock Candy Mountains
View attachment 130930

Anyone use one of these. my peterson old boy died and i don’t want to drop more money on another “good“ lighter that just doesn’t last. I dont like zippo fuel taste and i dont like using a bic because i dont like to char the rims of my pipes. I have also had no luck with colibris, lotus, or xikars over the years.
I do. My B&M sells them cheap. Downside is that they are disposables/non-refillable. But the adjustable chimney works well and there's also a flame adjuster.

jlopez

Might Stick Around
Jan 5, 2022
Southwest TX
Vector Pipe lighter has been pretty good to me for about 10 years. I did break the tamper trying to pry open a tin just recently so that was a bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.