PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Smoke Queen

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 2, 2021
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Sorry I missed this thread earlier everyone. I’m a Longchamp fanatic and think that the post ‘60’s are of as good a quality as anything else on the Market. I actually have ten but I’m sending one to a good friend. View attachment 88241View attachment 88242

The lower two are lizard and alligator skin, the top of the range models.
Those are beautiful!

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
Solved this mystery using a magnifier. It was upside down. ???
It’s actually rare to find a logo that’s still in perfect condition, even if the pipe is hardly touched. It seems they’re quite fragile for want of a better word. I’ve thought of trying to fill in the missing logos but my hand isn’t steady enough for that kind of detail.

ofafeather

Lifer
Apr 26, 2020
Where NY, CT & MA meet
It’s actually rare to find a logo that’s still in perfect condition, even if the pipe is hardly touched. It seems they’re quite fragile for want of a better word. I’ve thought of trying to fill in the missing logos but my hand isn’t steady enough for that kind of detail.
My logo is really worn and it’s almost impossible for me to redo. I’ll just leave it.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
The stamping of the logo isn't very deep. I've had limited success filling it in with silver paint then sanding.

Reactions: Birddog66

Birddog66

Lifer
Nov 29, 2020
Newhaven England
The stamping of the logo isn't very deep. I've had limited success filling it in with silver paint then sanding.
I need a magnifying glass to see some on my pipes, not just the Longchamp’s either. I decided to let it go, I’m not sure how much luck a restorer would have, like you say they’re very shallow and fiddly.

Reactions: ofafeather