PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

drsam

Starting to Get Obsessed
Sep 25, 2011
My hobby has been fishing and fly tying since I was about 8 years old.

timthumbCA255FKG.jpg

billm67

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 23, 2011
Camp Hill, PA
What a thread! I have just been looking at all of the hobbies and there are some people here doing some really interesting things....
My hobbies are music...I Play guitar, mandolin, bass and banjo...although I haven't done much lately. I also enjoy motorcycles. I ride a 2001 Harley Electra Glide Classic but have owned Dirt Bikes, street bikes....from Japanese to German (BMW's) and American made bikes. I just love being out on two wheels.
My other love is shooting/reloading. I have shot IPSC, IDPA, Cowboy Action, Trap, Sporting Clays and High Power competitively. I also reload and like to work on my own guns. I have built several 1911's and several heavy barrel 308's. One of my jobs during college was in a machine shot...and I love to work on precision machines. That is why I love tinkering/tuning rifles and pistols.
I also like my pipes...I have about two dozen that I have collected over the years. Alot of basket pipes...but a few nice ones too. I have looked as some of the stuff on the pipe makers forum and would love to have a small metal lathes again to try my hand at making some pipes.

vroomfondel

Might Stick Around
Dec 2, 2011
Zurich
Well my biggest hobby is without a doubt taking care of our little dog "Muffin". Actually it's mostly my better half that takes care of her and does all the training and activities, but I naturally my interests have developed so that I can participate in these activities. So I got interested in photography and by now I think I am doing quite OK.
BTW, this is Muffin

And this is my favorite shot so far (a Border Collie called Morgan)

Apart from that, pipe making has become a bit of an interest as well, yet my self-made pipes still look like the dog chewed them up :(

jerome

Lurker
Dec 3, 2011
When I am not working or studying for school, I enjoy watching movies, listening to music, writing, and just spending time with family and friends. I love all types of movies, from action to musical. I don't mind the normal summer blockbusters, but I rather watch something that is thought provocative. I would have to say my all time two favorite movies are "Little Miss Sunshine" and "Donnie Darko". As for music, I enjoy a wide range of music (besides rap). My favorite bands are The Beatles, Green Day, OneRepublic, Foster the People, and Panic! At the Disco...random, I know. As for writing, I love story telling. When I have time to, I am currently writing a thriller, psychological, modern-day fairy tale; hopefully I will finish it and it will eventually get published. I also hope to write a musical someday; I have a few songs written for a zombie musical.
Wow, longer than I intended to write...hopefully I don't sound like a complete nut! :?

hobojoe

Can't Leave
Jun 15, 2011
40814_106045502786800_100001440531507_49028_3601102_n.jpg

I guess i have a few hobbies. My brother in law gave me a Broken fillet knife

and this is what i gave back to him. I have made other antler knives before from

knife blanks or broken blades.

Any way I and my wife are grateful that we grew up when a mans or woman's work

was worth something and company loyalty and integrity was gold.That we can enjoy

life. Leather- wood-knives and making metal hanging baskets for flowers (bending-welding)

That's it so far.

Joe

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Thanks for the bump. Interesting stuff out here.
For me: cooking, yes full blown cooking not just mastering the grill. Camping/ hiking. Reading, especially theology.
I'll have to find some pictures

smokinggun

Might Stick Around
Dec 31, 2011
I have many hobbies and collections! :)
Hobbies:

Photography

Gardening

Forest harvesting, for food and other things

Hunting

Fishing

Handcrafting

Cooking/baking

Hiking

etc...
Collecting:

Owls

Antiques (more rustic and/or folk art antiques)

Rare books

Records
Some of my photography:
jag3e.jpg

32501135235467947143913.jpg

wintersize.jpg

66880589.jpg

25114340.jpg

16750410548686619246010.jpg

I have too many to post here but this an idea of my photography.

throwryuken

Might Stick Around
Nov 2, 2011
World of Warcraft (my girl is thrilled I'm sure)

Astronomy

History

Yoyoing

I play the video game street fighter in the world tournament every year lol

lifeon2

Part of the Furniture Now
Jan 19, 2012
denver co
lets see

Freshwater aquariums, mostly predators

Motorcycles, anything with two wheels is good

Firearms, I own a home based business with all the proper licensing

Reading, I usually have at least 2 books going

Hunting, when work permits

ichbinmuede

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 17, 2011
I am a man who wears many hats.

I play guitar, bass, and screw around with several other instruments.

I do some electronics work, for example I recently soldered down my first surface mount component in a mini headphone amplifier and a little while ago I added a passive tone and volume control circuit to a vintage Daystrom kit guitar amp (old tubes in it and everything!).

I work some wood and recently took up turning as some may know.

I have started a collection of vinyl because I obviously love music. The occasional click/pop/scratch just sounds so nice to me and so do clean records of course. :lol:

hnryclay

Can't Leave
Jan 9, 2012
I enjoy angling with fly equipment, photography, and golf. Included below are a few images I have captured.

mabrymill012812wb.jpg

millwhell01wb.jpg

barney013012.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.