PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyndi

Lifer
Nov 14, 2009
Flowery Branch, GA
Pipetrucker: I am thrilled and challenged by your skill! I'm not adept with knitting needles, so I'll have to try and work out a design for the pipe sheath-thingies for crochet. I'm also interested in how different yarns would work with the potential heat. I have a small bit of alpaca yarn that I may whip out.

pipetrucker

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 13, 2010
Following the white rabbit
Pipetrucker: I am thrilled and challenged by your skill! I'm not adept with knitting needles, so I'll have to try and work out a design for the pipe sheath-thingies for crochet. I'm also interested in how different yarns would work with the potential heat. I have a small bit of alpaca yarn that I may whip out.
Thanks, as I said, I just make it up as I go. The pipe holsters were something I whipped up one afternoon while sitting around in a truck stop. I love working with alpaca, but I think it may be too soft for such a project. Does make a great sweater though. :D

capnbellamy

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 25, 2011
Canterbury, England
Music - heavy metal, jazz, classical, fusions, ska, various other bits and pieces. I've played trumpet for 12-13 years, and guitar badly for about 5.
I also read alot, mostly fantasy. Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman are amongst my favourite. I write poetry and the occaisional bit of prose, but nothing I've ever published or thought about selling. It mostly just goes up on deviantArt.com

Philosophy is also something of a hobby as well as being my university course.

I also paint and collect Warhammer - little plastic men that you stick together, paint and then game with.

I'm an amateur chef, and have cooked in 3 restaurants since I was 16.

Ohohoh, an as of Friday, I'll be a LARP'r too :P That seems to be about it.

srharel

Lurker
Sep 9, 2010
a little more boring here.... but been collecting stamps forever (got 15 albums) and just reading without end.... I read one book after the other, sort of a therapy :)

fullbent

Can't Leave
May 6, 2011
Guitars!I collect American Made Guitars And Amps.Fender,Gibson,Martins,ect.I tend to lean towards vintage gear.Tattoos,Yes I have many,maybe too many (if there is such a thing)Fishing..Catfish,Crappie,Bluegill,Bass..Family...Got to love the family!Oh yes,PIPES! 8)

hiker04

Lurker
May 23, 2011
Reading

Writing

Wood-burning

Drawing and painting (new to that)

Music-listening and playing

Cigars

Pipes (new puffer)

Hiking

Kayaking

Fishing

Hunting

Photography

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Here you go Jason, this was a good place to post them. 8)
Cluny Abby

100_1610.jpg

Mont Saint Michel (France)

Mont-Saint-Michel.jpg

Central Fire Station, OKCFD (terrible scan, should have took a photo)

Station1.jpg

patf78

Lurker
Jun 13, 2011
I can barely write my own name, Tommy, let alone draw. Impressive.
I play guitar/write music

I listen to music

I watch soccer (I'm an Everton supporter)

and of course, I smoke pipes.

clanobucklin

Jan 19, 2010
Reading - Everything

Watching Old Movies - 1930's-1970's

Watching Old SCARY Movies - 1930's - 1970's - I used to collect classic Horror movies and write about B movies in magazines like Eurotrash, Asian Trash Cinema, Scary Monsters and Santo Street

Listening to music - like most of it - Classical, Rock, Jazz, Blues

Pipe smoking and collecting

Drinking Great Wine

Writing - when I get my butt in gear

Traveling....uh...it's been awhile - see writing's explanation

hobie1dog

Lifer
Jun 5, 2010
Cornelius, NC
everyone: as the originator of this thread, one of the requests was that there be pictures attached if possible. Tommy's example is why pictures are important. :clap:

punkpiper

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 12, 2011
Amongst other things, I am a writer, reader of both traditional books and comics. I play bass poorly, I enjoy video games with focus on story and adventure, I'm involved in the heavy metal and punk scene in my area, I enjoy the company of fine women who play with handcuffs, whips and chains. I appreciate art, not in a pretentious way, but enough that I know what I like. I enjoy keeping up with developments in science and technology. When possible I'm a volunteer conservation worker. I bake as well from time to time.

seanz

May 8, 2011
Southland NZ
my interest are growing tobacco, Gardening, i enjoy feeding fish from shore with a surf caster, occasionally one will join me on shore and I like that too! i get into ancient history and and am developing a like for physics. Generally read anything but enjoy Fantasy. i paint and sculpt. and really enjoy Butchery so much that i am thinking of getting back into it as a job.

scallywag58

Lurker
Mar 30, 2011
My other interests are.. Amateur Radio ( G0MLM : Black powder firearms : Guitar / Multi-track recording.

And obviously pampering the wife !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.