PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

winton

Lifer
Oct 20, 2010
I prefer my Zippo. But I also use a Bic. Matches are always available. Some day I want to light my pipe from the back end of the old Batmobile.
Winton

billinsfl

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 28, 2010
Started with matches. I have gone through many cheap lighters, and have settled on a Zippo pipe lighter for an everyday lighter; it lights in all types of wind, and has a cooler (safer) flame than a butane lighter. It is also eay to center the flame in the bowl, and with even just a small amount of care will prevent you from charring the rim of your pipe. The only drawback is the constant refilling they seem to need. I use a Dunhill Unique for my main "indoor" lighter; built like a Rolex watch, it is darn near bulletproof, and will outlast me.

jchaplick

Lifer
May 8, 2011
I use matches as my primary, and a zippo with a pipe insert thats butane for my backup if i cnat light the matches for some reason

mattia76

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 24, 2010
I bought a leather-clad Pearl lighter from Pipes 2 Smoke about 2 months ago. That thing rules the school. Very dependable and lots of room in the tank as well.

Backup is a DJeep disposable. Nice adjustable flames and a wide button for burn-free pipe lighting.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
My wife
kill-fire.jpg

I have one Vector pipe lighter. Bid and matches as backups

harrumphicus

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 9, 2011
The Water
I thought I was going to be satisfied with my Jobon dual flame. It's got the soft flame for pipes (even the vents in the side are shaped like pipes) and a jet flame if you pull down the spout for the soft-flame. Hell, it's even got a cigar punch built into a flip on the bottom. The trouble is, I can't seem to get it to fill properly. So for now, I'll stick with my Peterson Zippo. Backup, any of the 40 million bics I find laying around here.
That's a literal number, don't ask questions.

mluyckx

Lifer
Dec 5, 2011
Texas
Looks like the original pic had a problem ? (Mod, feel free to delete previous reply.. couldn't edit it anymore)
Here's how I light my pipe when coming home
wife_flame_thrower-600x494.jpg

gwynclan

Can't Leave
Jan 18, 2012
I used to use only colibri, but since changed over to xicar. I have a old still kickin side strike colibri which I use with my xicar scribe as back up. After 10years of paying way too much for fancy lighters, I figure when these go its back to sticks with little red tips.

uberam3rica

Lifer
Sep 7, 2011
Capac, Michigan
This is a zippo without a pipe insert. It says 1960s in the lower corner. And the street sign at the top says Haight and Ashbury. My phone isnt working so I'll get a picture up later

majilton

Might Stick Around
Jan 18, 2012
i like to use matches on my pipe and of course a few bic lighters.i have a dupont crap really expensive rubbish a dunhill ok when i can be bothered to fill it and various zippos to be honest the pound bic is the best i use.

hanymamdouh

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 29, 2012
Egypt
Best lighter i used is the french made Djeep, it's big enough and handy, flame is always away from my thumb and head hardly goes hot so it doesn't burn my finger after i use it. The main problem that it isn't refillable. I don't like Zippo because of fuel taste. Also swedish matches are very favourable in home.

nmbigfoot02

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 13, 2011
Been using a Yibao butane lighter I got off ebay for $8 total for the last 4 months or so. It wasn't perfect, but for the price it was great. However, my lovely wife decided to do me a favor and washed my smoking jacket...with the lighter in the pocket. Let's just say that lighters and washers/dryers don't mix. I'm now back to my Zippo and matches until I can get a replacement butane lighter.

Status
Not open for further replies.