PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryanf

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 16, 2013
I smoke very high nicotine blends primarily, but only smoke small bowled pipes for the most part. Definitely important to me.

nsfisher

Lifer
Nov 26, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Unlike many here, I do not smoke for the Hobby. I smoke for the smoking pleasure, relaxation and because I smoked cigs for 30 yrs prior. So I am Addicted to smoking and nicotine. I smoke primarily CH and PA so the nic is quite low, but.... also unlike many others here, I inhale quite a bit, so I still benefit on the nicotine dosage.

flyguy

Lifer
Nov 20, 2012
I enjoy a certain amount of buzz but not the nausea. I like some of the stronger blends but smoke them with care.

ssjones

Staff member
May 11, 2011
Maryland
postimg.cc
I do not enjoy getting buzzed or light headed, so I suppose I'm a middle weight. I enjoy a lot of MM965, which never strikes me as having a lot of nicotine. Recently, I opened a tin of Nightcap and wow, that blend is quite stout. Too much. I had a large supply of bulk EMP, which to me, has almost no nicotine and I rarely smoke it. I decided to mix the two in equal portions and viola, a perfect blend. A similar potency to MM965 (ie just right) but no Cavendish. It is currently my new favorite blend.

tpollock

Might Stick Around
Oct 1, 2013
I'm a mild to medium but I primarily choose my blends for taste rather than nicotine. If I smoke a stronger nicotine blend especially on an empty stomach, I get nausea and the shakes!

cigrmaster

Lifer
May 26, 2012
Sarasota Florida
Steve, you have made a wise decision. lol
I actually do have some stronger blends in my rotation, things like, Stonehaven, FVF, ODF, Peterson 3p, University and Irish Flakes.

eazye77

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 21, 2012
I too am one of those that go with taste first, then nic.
Truth be told I love me some high nic tobaccos! :wink:
I like to smoke them at night when I'm at the end of my day. Perfect for winding down. Strange thing tho is that many have said that you shouldn't/can't smoke high nic on an empty stomach, but have never had a problem. The only time that I experience nausea is last year when I smoked two bowls of RY back to back for the heck of it. Now that was a mistake. . .LOL! :rofl:

ravkesef

Lifer
Aug 10, 2010
Cheshire, CT
I've been smoking a pipe for 54 years, and I find that if I get too much nicotine, it produces all the usual undesirable side effects. I love my pipe, enjoy it thoroughly, and am seldom seen without it, yet 54 years have not resulted in an increased tolerance to nicotine. I smoke my pipe slowly and enjoy every puff, but I do take it easy.

mustanggt

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 6, 2012
I'm a taste kinda guy too but want my nicotine punch at the end of the day to supplement the ambien. Rarely now do I have a sleepless night anymore because of that regimen. I partake of all the above stated high nicotine blends.

cobguy

Lifer
Oct 18, 2013
For me it's 95% Flavor and 5% "N".
Never been addicted to the Nic but can appreciate the occasional BUZZZZZZZZZ ... lol

ohiopuffer

Can't Leave
May 18, 2012
Flavor all the way for me.I try to stay away from the high nicotine blends but I will smoke them if they have a good flavor to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.