PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

lightmyfire

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 23, 2013
Belgium
If you want to make a bad joke to a friend, offer him a 'Clan aromatique', but be sure and ready to run fast :lol:

homeatsea

Part of the Furniture Now
Mar 6, 2013
I personally love Lakelands! However, Peterson Irish Flake was my worst smoke ever. Mostly because I'm a nic lightweight and didn't realize what I had gotten myself into. I imagine it's a good tobacco from the few tastes I got of it before it sent me to the floor, but the next hour just wasn't worth it.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
When you try to be thrifty and use up several dregs of tobacco, and mix them all together until

nothing comes across as flavor but the tongue bite and aftertaste, that's tobacco I hate. Sometimes

blenders will actually sell similar floor sweepings, but at least you aren't doing that to yourself.

hakchuma

Jan 13, 2014
Michigan, USA
a little late to the discussion but I would say Ennerdale Flake. I bought the stuff simply by the description and when I smelled it I almost passed out lol. I smoked it and I almost got sick. I gave it to my girlfriend and she mixes it in with her Roll me Owns. Which in my opinion Ennerdale flake belongs in a woman's cigarette not a pipe lmao!

shutterbugg

Lifer
Nov 18, 2013
Peterson's Hyde Park. Like smoking the wrapper from a bar of soap. I've truly never tasted a tobacco before that actually made me nauseous.

jservant98

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 19, 2013
Southern Oregon
I tried Velvet tobacco and I hated it, tasted like cheap tobacco soaked for a month in the worst cough syrup known to man.
cosmicfolklore: Hilarious! :rofl: :rofl:

jazzlover

Starting to Get Obsessed
Mar 15, 2013
I tried Five Brothers once and hated it. It's bit like drinking a shot of tobasco sauce.

rangerearthpig

Jan 5, 2014
While it received rave reviews here, I didn't like anything at all about Louisiana Red. In all fairness though, I smoked it after having a stomach bug for 4 days. That one bowl was all I've been brave enough to test. I'll sample it again to get an honest feeling sometime....maybe.

jmsutton

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 11, 2014
I tried a blend made in a tobacco shop called "suicide". After trying it I came to the realization they named it that because the tobacco made me want to commit suicide!

Another tobacco that made me almost want to quit smoking was Paladin Black Cherry. Tasted like a lit a chemical fire in my mouth.

johnnyiii

Can't Leave
Nov 30, 2013
hertford nc
Almost every tobacco I tried I grew a taste for at least every now and then.
Except Hyde Park. It tasted like soap to me.
I figured I would try it again when I think I am cursing to much.

pipesrme

Lurker
Feb 17, 2014
OTC crap like super value, smokers pride, Kentucky's best, and the rest of those common tobacco rip offs those I hate. But, I do like Blenders Gold golden burley, Prince Albert's Soft Vanilla... and I have combined them both! I am currently smoking Irish Creme ( not Baileys), and hatred it at first, but then I mixed it with my combination, till I now smoke it raw again in my grabows omega and the burning gurgling problem was not there and an enjoying it. I shall be trying out the English blends starting with medium and will see if I can broaden my horizons from merely burley tobacco. To each his own and with time shall find the perfect blend just for me, add I hope you all do one day as well fellow pipers'.

yeperdo

Lurker
Sep 22, 2010
Tried some Blue Note, Dan tobacco - smelled great in the tin! In the pipe it was rank tongue torture for me.

msandoval858

Jun 11, 2012
Austin, TX
Ok, this one surprised me...
I do enjoy an occasional aromatic from time to time, so I've found a few that are pleasant. After reading all the hype about Molto Dolce and the fact that a few friends of mine enjoy it, I finally got around to trying it last week.
Blech! This stuff is terrible. Tasted like sweet, hot steam.
Sutliff makes some other great tobaccos I like a lot but unfortunately this one was not for me.

av8scuba

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 4, 2013
Mid-Missouri
GL Pease Key Largo is on my "never-again" list. Based on all of the reviews and the description on the tin, I could not wait to try it. The taste reminded me of the burning garbage barrel when I was a kid, and then add in some moldy gym socks.
There are other GLPs that I like, but he should be ashamed to put the great Key Largo's town name on this stuff. What a shame. :crying:

jazz

Feb 17, 2014
UK
Samuel Gawith 1792. Jesus this stuff was rank. Acrid wretchedness for sure. Smells like one of the devils farts and tastes like nothing else on earth.
To balance things out For Samuel Gawith Squadron Leader is a favourite.
James

Status
Not open for further replies.