Let's Discuss Birth Year Pipes. Photos Appreciated.

SmokingPipes.com Updates

New Cigars

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Really only pipes with silver adornment or dunhills can be dated. Dunhill started doing it for warranty, but now who knows why they still do it.

tulsagentleman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 7, 2019
Sounds like Dunhill is about the only pipe that can be dated accurately. I would love to find a birthyear pipe but 1941 would be hard to find. Any suggestions from members?

Reactions: lightmybriar

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
I'm still looking for my 1963 Dunhill 6103 pipe. One day I'll find her.

Really only pipes with silver adornment or dunhills can be dated. Dunhill started doing it for warranty, but now who knows why they still do it.

For the same reason and because they recognise it's lead to them being the one of if not the most collected pipe brands.

Sounds like Dunhill is about the only pipe that can be dated accurately. I would love to find a birthyear pipe but 1941 would be hard to find. Any suggestions from members?

I'd suggest reading pipedia and learning some of the Dunhill date coding. ebay is your greatest resource for estate pipes but it's worth checking forum sponsors for their estates. I'd let pipestud know what you are looking for so he can keep an eye out.

MKELAW PIPES - http://mkelaw-pipes.com/
Smokingpipes.com | Tobacco Pipes - Pipe Tobacco - http://smokingpipes.com/

Last edited:

Bengel

Lifer
Sep 20, 2019
Peterson silver has hallmarks, so at least you can narrow it down to when the silver was graded, if that window is close enough :)

lightmybriar

Lifer
Mar 11, 2014
I may have a 1941 in my collection. I will check later today if I get the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.