PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
The Germans & Italians make the best quality ones, that I’ve had.
My favourite is a combination pouch, shaped like a rugby ball.

blackpowderpiper

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 19, 2018
Middle Tennessee
Attached are photos of a tobacco pouch I purchased a few years ago from a vendor on Etsy. It is a basic leather snap pouch with unfinished leather on the inside. I use ziplock snack bags to carry my tobacco in the pouch and it works very well. The pouch is tough and compact and has a nice bit of rustic charm.
IMG_0767.jpg
IMG_0768.jpg

Dajo

Might Stick Around
Jun 14, 2023
Dothan, Alabama
Attached are photos of a tobacco pouch I purchased a few years ago from a vendor on Etsy. It is a basic leather snap pouch with unfinished leather on the inside. I use ziplock snack bags to carry my tobacco in the pouch and it works very well. The pouch is tough and compact and has a nice bit of rustic charm.
View attachment 240352
View attachment 240353
this looks awesome. Thank you very much for the pics. have a good day.

Dajo

Might Stick Around
Jun 14, 2023
Dothan, Alabama
The Germans & Italians make the best quality ones, that I’ve had.
My favourite is a combination pouch, shaped like a rugby ball.
good to know. how do I find these? are there brand names to look for or just google german made tobacco pouch and see what I get?

OzPiper

Lifer
Nov 30, 2020
Sydney, Australia
good to know. how do I find these? are there brand names to look for or just google german made tobacco pouch and see what I get?
The Danish Pipe Shop have German Martin Wess pouches
I do not have one, but the ones made from elk leather look great
They are considerably cheaper than Dunhills and the the Italian made ones

Shipping is fast and cheap.

Reactions: PaulTheScandinavian

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
That’s right mate, go on the internet…..it’s just like shopping.
If you look on this forums ‘sponsors’ list, go on their websites & you’ll find hundreds of pretty pouches to peruse or indeed purchase.

Reactions: OzPiper

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
What's rugby? Is that like some European version of a real sport like American Football? :ROFLMAO: puffy
It is…….but without the safety helmets, padding, endless time outs & worst of all, no cheerleaders!🙁
We’ll have the rugby World Cup starting up shortly, you should check it out. I think the US are in it, don’t want to hang about though, they’ll probably be exiting early.😄

Jef

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 10, 2019
North Carolina
Newbie question...

Looking for a quality leather tobacco pouch that will last a reasonable amount of time before wearing out. Any recommendations from your experiences?
20191101_022853.jpgLarocca. About $35. I have been using it for 5 years. Surgical rubber lined Worth the money!
jef

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2016
Finland-Scandinavia-EU
thank you, Sir. They make so many kinds of tobacco pouches. Is there a particular model number to look for on a roll up pouch?

Reactions: simong

dublinpiper90

Can't Leave
Jul 31, 2023
North Carolina
If you want something that is incredible you could a get leather pouch of just about anything you desire but be prepared to pay for it. I got one of alligator hide 10 years ago and it costs me $75. Let me know and I'll have the guy get in touch with you.

Would you mind showing a photo of your alligator pipe roll? Thanks 👀

K.E. Powell

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 20, 2022
West Virginia
I'm partial to MM's pouches, or at least the one I got. This one is a little different than my own, but it roughly looks like it has the same dimensions, etc.

It has a lined pouch to carry tobacco if you wish, a zippered compartment large enough to hold a decent sized pipe, and a smaller compartment big enough to hold a tamper, lighter, etc. I love mine.

Dajo

Might Stick Around
Jun 14, 2023
Dothan, Alabama
I'm partial to MM's pouches, or at least the one I got. This one is a little different than my own, but it roughly looks like it has the same dimensions, etc.

It has a lined pouch to carry tobacco if you wish, a zippered compartment large enough to hold a decent sized pipe, and a smaller compartment big enough to hold a tamper, lighter, etc. I love mine.
Thank you, Sir Interesting and at a good price point, too.

Reactions: K.E. Powell