PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

diamondback

Lifer
Feb 22, 2019
Rockvale, TN
Useful idiots (useful to the "powers that be" that is).

And it's a cycle that feeds on itself...in the sense that black markets create violence, which is then blamed on the prohibited substance rather than the illegal market...and the useful idiots then demand the system exercise even more control...etc, etc.

Then there are the even worse substances..."street drugs"...that are themselves a product of prohibition...such as moonshine, crack, etc. And again, the standard reaction is to point to these types of products as further justification for prohibition.

Problem + Reaction = Solution, is how the game is designed...how the masses are played.

The cure is almost always much worse than the disease.

The good old Hegelian Dialectic. Same old tricks, new day. They never fail.

I’m going to end it there... I dare say we’ve much in common per deeper discussion politic.

Edwin Weaver

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2019
Living in Wisconsin
pipe-smoker.com
True. It's also your neighbours, friends and family who keep harassing you to quit "for your own good".

It's also your neighbours, friends and family who will be ratting you out to the powers that be if they catch you smoking your pipe after tobacco is declared illegal.

The black market looks attractive, but how can you guarantee the quality of the merchandise? Already in some countries black market cigarettes have been found to contain all kinds of crap—literally: residues from human feces were found in contraband cigarettes coming from India.
olkofri,

I do not have worry . I have no family, the few friends I have smoke pipes (that is why they are friends), neighbors do not live that close so they wouldn't know when I smoke.
So I think I am more or less safe.

But TRUE, 'black market' TOBACCO would be a lower grade.

Edwin

Worknman

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 23, 2019
I don't think they'll ever have to make tobacco illegal. They'll just keep taxing and regulating it into oblivion to where a black market for cheaper product will pop up anyway.

Edwin Weaver

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 4, 2019
Living in Wisconsin
pipe-smoker.com
I don't think they'll ever have to make tobacco illegal. They'll just keep taxing and regulating it into oblivion to where a black market for cheaper product will pop up anyway.
WORKMAN,

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INPUT. You may be right, that is all they have done with other things.
However, it seems the government feels it is not getting all the money they want from tobacco. That is why there is a lot of talk in Washington about making tobacco illegal.

Only time will tell.

Edwin

Reactions: Worknman
Status
Not open for further replies.