PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

kanaia

Part of the Furniture Now
Feb 3, 2013
As least it was for me and the wife. Was in Indianapolis a couple of months ago and a restaurant served this. Prepare either brown or white rice after you pull it off the stove add a can of drained good quality beans your choice. You can add onions and spices to your liking and let cool. Put in the fridge overnight, next morning scoop out the amount you want put a slice of cheese on top and nuke it for a minute and a half. Top this with either a poached or easy over egg. Almost forgot don't forget your to add you favorite hot sauce.

Reactions: Streeper541

Laurent

Lifer
Dec 25, 2021
Michigan
Sounds very Cajun. I just made rice and beans from scratch the other week and jarred some. Might have to try this.

Grangerous

Lifer
Dec 8, 2020
East Coast USA
Made Bacon and Pintos tonight. Added some onion and bell peppers, salt, cayenne and a splash of bourbon. Always good over rice.

Many times I grab for breakfast. Even better the next day!

Have to try the egg on top!

Streeper541

Lifer
Jun 16, 2021
Spencer, OH
I've been eating what I call "breakfast fried rice" for over 30 years.

Leftover rice, sauteed onions, sausage or bacon or both, eggs, salt & a copious amount of black pepper. Top it with Trappy's or Tabasco. It's delicious.

And as to the, "sounds very cajun" remark, well... I grew up in SE Texas on the gulf coast very near Louisiana and the rest of my family were Cajuns... so, you're not far off! 🤣