Last of the Blend, What to Do?

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

trouttimes

Preferred Member
Nov 26, 2018
What do you guys do when you get to the last little bit of a tin or jar and it's not enough for a bowl? Throw it in a community jar and make a mystery blend? Worm food? This is only an issue if it is a blend I'm not collaring.

cortezattic

Preferred Member
Nov 19, 2009
Chicago, IL
I usually see the end coming because I use glass jars, and I adjust my fills to end up with little or no leftovers. :puffy:

mso489

Preferred Member
Feb 21, 2013
Everyone has their own way with the final bit of tobacco in a tin, jar, pouch, etc. I don't like the mystery jar approach since the flavors get too muddy and sometimes harsh. I often take the whole remaining pinch and mix it with a thoughtfully chosen blend that I think it will complement. Usually this works well enough, and often it's quite good or better. I don't throw out good tobacco. Bad tobacco I put on the garden as insecticide.

ray47

Preferred Member
Jul 10, 2015
I often take the whole remaining pinch and mix it with a thoughtfully chosen blend that I think it will complement.
This ^^^^^^^^^^

hoosierpipeguy

Preferred Member
Jan 28, 2018
Adjust fills should take care of most of it. What's left is essentially dust worth twenty cents at best. Toss it.

didimauw

Staff member
Jul 28, 2013
WI
I do everything I can to make it fit! Literally. I mean seriously, have you seen the rims of my pipes? :lol:

acidpox

Nov 18, 2018
I also stuff my own cigs, so I just add it to my cigarette tobacco. Do the same thing If I dry more than will fit in my bowel.

jpmcwjr

Preferred Member
May 12, 2015
Monterey Peninsula
I also stuff my own cigs, so I just add it to my cigarette tobacco. Do the same thing If I dry more than will fit in my bowel.
Leaving aside bowels, drying a bunch at a time is a good thing. Just stick the extra in a Mason jar, and less wait for the next bowel. Er, bowl.

acidpox

Nov 18, 2018
Leaving aside bowels, drying a bunch at a time is a good thing. Just stick the extra in a Mason jar, and less wait for the next bowel. Er, bowl.
Gotta love a typo lol, nothing quite like a refreshing tobacco enema.

rfernand

Preferred Member
Oct 2, 2015
Smoke and enjoy.
Ernest Hemingway once said: "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey". I apply the same spirit to finishing a blend, even if it's the last of a discontinued mixture (I'm looking at you, Frog Morton's Cellar!)

bullet08

Nov 26, 2018
if blend was good, add to new tin of the same blend. if it wasn't all that good and if it's less then 1/4 bowl, i dump it.