PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

trouttimes

Lifer
Nov 26, 2018
Lake Martin, AL
What do you guys do when you get to the last little bit of a tin or jar and it's not enough for a bowl? Throw it in a community jar and make a mystery blend? Worm food? This is only an issue if it is a blend I'm not collaring.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Add it to another tin of the same, smoke a partial bowl, or throw it in the trash.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Everyone has their own way with the final bit of tobacco in a tin, jar, pouch, etc. I don't like the mystery jar approach since the flavors get too muddy and sometimes harsh. I often take the whole remaining pinch and mix it with a thoughtfully chosen blend that I think it will complement. Usually this works well enough, and often it's quite good or better. I don't throw out good tobacco. Bad tobacco I put on the garden as insecticide.

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
I also stuff my own cigs, so I just add it to my cigarette tobacco. Do the same thing If I dry more than will fit in my bowel.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
I also stuff my own cigs, so I just add it to my cigarette tobacco. Do the same thing If I dry more than will fit in my bowel.
Leaving aside bowels, drying a bunch at a time is a good thing. Just stick the extra in a Mason jar, and less wait for the next bowel. Er, bowl.

acidpox

Can't Leave
Nov 18, 2018
Leaving aside bowels, drying a bunch at a time is a good thing. Just stick the extra in a Mason jar, and less wait for the next bowel. Er, bowl.
Gotta love a typo lol, nothing quite like a refreshing tobacco enema.

rfernand

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 2, 2015
Smoke and enjoy.
Ernest Hemingway once said: "Never delay kissing a pretty girl or opening a bottle of whiskey". I apply the same spirit to finishing a blend, even if it's the last of a discontinued mixture (I'm looking at you, Frog Morton's Cellar!)

Status
Not open for further replies.