PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

homesteader

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2019
The Cult product and TK-6 are not the same, but for my palate I can get a close approximation to Red Blood Moon by mixing TK-6 with LL-7 and BCA. I normally do a small 50-25-25 mixure...and then let it age for a few months.

Plus, the bulk mixture is a lot more cost effective than spending 10 buck plus for a 1.75oz tin. I don't smoke aros nearly as much as I used to so even a 6oz mixture lasts me a long time.

Or you could just smoke Peter Stokkebye's, Cherry Bonbon. It's not a dead ringer for Red Blood Moon but it's kinda close.
I made up a batch following your recipe and it's really good. Do you have a name for it?

Moonbog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 22, 2020
Plus, the bulk mixture is a lot more cost effective than spending 10 buck plus for a 1.75oz tin. I don't smoke aros nearly as much as I used to so even a 6oz mixture lasts me a long time.

Or you could just smoke Peter Stokkebye's, Cherry Bonbon. It's not a dead ringer for Red Blood Moon but it's kinda close.

I'd Give the Cherry Bonbon a try if it were anything at all like BRM, but I can't find it on any of the sites. BRM is the only cherry tobacco that I've really liked because of it's easy burn and pronounced flavor without bite.

Magpiety

Part of the Furniture Now
Dec 7, 2019
Kansas City
I really need to take a run at some aromatics. When I started years ago, I was advised to avoid them until I became more skilled at smoking a pipe. Sometimes I’ll load up a nasty gooper just because I want to be nasty, but maybe my power level is high enough now to try out some decent aromatics.

Reactions: dcon

Moonbog

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 22, 2020
I really need to take a run at some aromatics. When I started years ago, I was advised to avoid them until I became more skilled at smoking a pipe. Sometimes I’ll load up a nasty gooper just because I want to be nasty, but maybe my power level is high enough now to try out some decent aromatics.

That was my experience too. Lousy grossly wet hot burning goop. Stuff that smelled great in the bag smoked liked battery acid. But after a long layoff from smoking pipes altogether, I went ahead and started experimenting with aromatics again. The Cults have all been good. And the W.O. Larsen Signature Mixture Vintage I've been smoking has been really good too. Just make sure to dry em out a bit and they'll smoke like a dream. I mean they're almost ready to smoke right out of the tin. The old aromatics I tried, and granted they were probably cheap crap, were super wet and not amount of drying made any difference. Anyhow, good luck

Reactions: Magpiety

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some day I may take the cherry aromatic challenge again. Just too tangy sweet and upstages the tobacco. I like rum, bourbon, Irish whiskey, and anisette, plum (as in RY), vanilla, and marula fruit, so far, in the aromatic category.

Reactions: ofafeather

Pipewizard420

Starting to Get Obsessed
Apr 28, 2020
Tried TK6 for the 1st time today and while it is simmilar to BRM i do not think they are the same. BRM burns better with fewer relights and TK6 had a strange aftertaste at the bottom of the bowl that really took me back and tasted like chemicals of some sort.. have not had this happen before so perhaps was just a fluke. They both have a Cherry flavor BRM is more natural tasting and TK6 seemed sweeter and a bit much the further into the bowl.

Status
Not open for further replies.