PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

homesteader

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jun 7, 2019
I'd heard from a couple of people that TK-6 was just the bulk version of Cult BRM. I've been smoking BRM and really like it, but if a bulk version could be had I'd like to save money.

So I got an ounce of TK-6 and tried it. Smoked it in briars and a cob that I have reserved for cherry blends. The TK-6 is alright, and is similar to BRM, but it is not the same. I do prefer the Cult BRM. If you could only get the TK-6 and really wanted that cherry flavor, it would probably be acceptable.

The Cult BRM starts off a little light on flavor for me, but quickly improves. And it stays tasting great until the end. The TK-6 just isn't quite as good, and falls off a little as far as flavor goes, towards the end.

mikey517

Lurker
Jul 27, 2019
NJ
I thought TK-6 was the bulk version of Captain Black Cherry!
So confusing for a n00b!!

But...TK-6 has become my go to smoke...

wulfheard

Starting to Get Obsessed
Nov 18, 2018
New Jersey
The Cult product and TK-6 are not the same, but for my palate I can get a close approximation to Red Blood Moon by mixing TK-6 with LL-7 and BCA. I normally do a small 50-25-25 mixure...and then let it age for a few months.

Plus, the bulk mixture is a lot more cost effective than spending 10 buck plus for a 1.75oz tin. I don't smoke aros nearly as much as I used to so even a 6oz mixture lasts me a long time.

Or you could just smoke Peter Stokkebye's, Cherry Bonbon. It's not a dead ringer for Red Blood Moon but it's kinda close.

Last edited:

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
Like 1Q, TK-6 seems to be topped with volumes of PG! Naaaaasssty Stuffff!
I keep reading that 1Q is loaded with PG but I recently got a pound of 1Q and it's not at all goopy. It came at a moisture level ready to smoke. I quite like it.

Reactions: wulfheard
Status
Not open for further replies.