PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightShayde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Georgia
flatline2beatline.com
How much mass constitutes the “shit ton” of which you speak?

I still like the stuff once in a while, but I‘d suggest waiting until you have several favorites before buying a shit ton of anything. ;)
I have stated beforehand that it was just an expression of enjoyment. I never buy and will never buy more than 2oz at a time. I am going on a month since my piping journey began and I have collected 4 pipes and 15 blends thus far. I am fully aware of how to curate a collection as well as the intricacies of doing so :)

Reactions: chopper

hauntedmyst

Lifer
Feb 1, 2010
Chicago
Oh man. Here come the the volleys, hahaha.
Oh man, NightShayde has no idea of the can of worms he just opened! It doesn’t matter if it’s the best selling tobacco in the country and outsells every other house blend combined, you’ll still find chuckleheads that want to complain about it even though it was probably one of their first smokes.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Oh man, NightShayde has no idea of the can of worms he just opened! It doesn’t matter if it’s the best selling tobacco in the country and outsells every other house blend combined, you’ll still find chuckleheads that want to complain about it even though it was probably one of their first smokes.
It is certainly one of those blends that instantly invokes strong opinions, hahaha.

Reactions: RainKing

Merton

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 8, 2020
Boston, Massachusetts
I always have !Q in the cellar although I rarely, if ever, smoke it anymore. There are so many blends out there to try and, for me, 1Q was a stop along the way. It is good. Peretti's 432 is better, albeit substantially more expensive. 432 has a coconut flavoring. Smoke what you like and try lots of blends. There will be lots of misses and a few hits. The few hits make it all worth it. There is a lot of snobbery in the pipe tobacco world and familiarity sometimes breeds contempt. However, there is a reason that 1Q has been so popular for so long. the snobbery thing can get in the way of enjoyment. I write as one who is a self confessed tobacco snob and yet I have just discovered that Amphora Full Aroma is a really enjoyable smoke . I never would have believed it if I had not tried it. Try things and enjoy the journey. When you find something you really like, stock up at least a bit. The future is uncertain.

Reactions: chopper and evo03

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
It was just a statement of joy not of fact. I will never buy more than 2oz of anything at a single time.

Bet.

In addition, it will be extremely rare that I buy the same blends more than once.

Bet.

I have 15 blends thus far in the first month of my journey and I would probably only buy 2 again.

Bet.

By the end of the year, my goal is to purchase 2oz of 45 more blends to have 100 by the end of the year.

Reactions: fireground_piper

BarrelProof

Lifer
Mar 29, 2020
The Last Frontier
I have stated beforehand that it was just an expression of enjoyment. I never buy and will never buy more than 2oz at a time.

Bet.

I am going on a month since my piping journey began and I have collected 4 pipes and 15 blends thus far. I am fully aware of how to curate a collection as well as the intricacies of doing so :)

Learned a ton about smoking a pipe in a month of playing bagpipes.

Reactions: fireground_piper
Status
Not open for further replies.