PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

NightShayde

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 19, 2021
Georgia
flatline2beatline.com
They said this blend was perfect for beginners and it truly is... really for any level smoker. Absolute perfection. So light, airy, flavorful, sweet but not too sweet. I truly love this blend and will buy a shit ton of it :)

Reactions: STP

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
never really liked this one. I always found it kind of bland and boring and just enough PG to ruin it for me. In fact I'd smoke it if it was the only thing left but pretty much almost anything else would be a first pick for me. Now Seven Seas Royal is nothing like it by the way. Maybe one of the other seven seas but royal has a totally different flavor profile. It's honey vanilla and generic red fruit (if you don't know what I mean you will if you smoke it, because it taste like a fruit that hasn't gone to market yet). 1Q is more of a vanilla and something else flavor.

mordy18

Can't Leave
Mar 12, 2019
Northern New Jersey
I prefer GH&C American Delight to 1Q by a large margin. Once I tried American Delight I never went back to 1Q. The AD is far less goopy and the tobacco comes across as much higher quality. There is a large price difference though.
Shanez - i have smoked a fair bit of AD and quite like it. Never tried 1Q. I thought 1q was more of a carmel hazlenut tobacco which I dont really get from AD. Do you fine them very similar in taste profile or just two tobaccos that fill a similar niche?

Reactions: fireground_piper

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
Shanez - i have smoked a fair bit of AD and quite like it. Never tried 1Q. I thought 1q was more of a carmel hazlenut tobacco which I dont really get from AD. Do you fine them very similar in taste profile or just two tobaccos that fill a similar niche?
Hazelnut is a generic term. At least in confections it is used to explain something that has chocolate or vanilla in some combo that doesn't quite count as one or the other. So yeah if taken on that front it's hazelnut. Or at least that's what people in food industry have said. Example Nutella isn't chocolate but it practically is. Who knows I could have been feed some b.s. on this one.

Reactions: fireground_piper
Hazelnut is a generic term. At least in confections it is used to explain something that has chocolate or vanilla in some combo that doesn't quite count as one or the other. So yeah if taken on that front it's hazelnut. Or at least that's what people in food industry have said. Example Nutella isn't chocolate but it practically is. Who knows I could have been feed some b.s. on this one.
Ummm... 1615231963680.png I think of hazelnut as being a nutty taste, from the hazel nut.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
Ummm... View attachment 69668 I think of hazelnut as being a nutty taste, from the hazel nut.
yeah but I've been told and not saying it's true that hazelnut just adds some nutty flavor which isn't too much and if you see it on a candy or spread or something like that there will be other flavors added because the hazelnut won't carry the confection on it's own. Could be b.s. but it's what I've heard. The thing is it sounds plausible because every hazelnut thing I've tried taste somewhat not the same as any other even under the term generic flavor profile.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon
yeah but I've been told and not saying it's true that hazelnut just adds some nutty flavor which isn't too much and if you see it on a candy or spread or something like that there will be other flavors added because the hazelnut won't carry the confection on it's own. Could be b.s. but it's what I've heard. The thing is it sounds plausible because every hazelnut thing I've tried taste somewhat not the same as any other even under the term generic flavor profile.
The hazel nut flavor is very delicate, and it is mostly added to things like chocolate, as you've said. But, hazelnuts taste like hazelnuts. If a confectioner says it's hazelnut, then yeh, you are correct, no telling what it actually tastes like.
Pistachios are the same way. The nuts have a very delicate flavor... and I have no idea what shit pistachio ice cream is supposed to taste like, because it NEVER tastes like pistachios.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
The hazel nut flavor is very delicate, and it is mostly added to things like chocolate, as you've said. But, hazelnuts taste like hazelnuts. If a confectioner says it's hazelnut, then yeh, you are correct, no telling what it actually tastes like.
Pistachios are the same way. The nuts have a very delicate flavor... and I have no idea what shit pistachio ice cream is supposed to taste like, because it NEVER tastes like pistachios.
It's always nice when I finally say something that makes sense isn't it?

I think Lane 1Q was the first tin I ever purchased after Googling "what my grandfather probably smoked". I haven't had it in years, but I can still identify someone smoking it from across the room... back when we were allowed to socialize and smoke.
Wait, you bout 1Q in a tin? I had no idea that it ever came in a tin. I mean, I know that a lot of tins that Lane sales as different things is merely 1Q with a different name. But, did the tin say 1Q on it?

Status
Not open for further replies.