PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

lochinvar

Lifer
Oct 22, 2013
I eyed a W.O. Larsen Pearl for years at my local shop. Its still the most gorgeous pipe I can think of (I think it was from when Teddy Knudsen was carving for them, sort of tulip shape). Unfortunately at that time $600 for a pipe was out of the question, and someone came in for whom it was not.

Reactions: OzPiper and jpmcwjr

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
A gift from a cousin, a Dunhill that had been presented to his father on graduation from university. It was my first pipe! Unfortunately it got run over by a truck picking up leaves. Don't ask why this idiot was jumping into piles of leaves his Sophomore year.

Second one was a Barling pot, simply lost somehow. Also bought when I was in college. Not a true fan of pots, but this was a beauty and I miss it the most.

ophiuchus

Lifer
Mar 25, 2016
I occasionally think back on a pair of Grabow Omegas that were my second and third pipes I abused and misused for a few years. I smoked a lot of Drum and Bugler in them, among other things. Just before I moved out of my college town, the charred smooth Omega was ceremoniously tossed into a bonfire. The rusticated Omega was quietly left on a table in the living room of an off-campus house a bunch of my friends rented, where it had been passed around on numerous occasion in its alternate role. It was good for me to let them go, but I still remember them fondly.

Then there’s a certain claw meerschaum at the Altinok site I browsed and browsed again. Fortunately, someone bought it and set me free. (Due to its resemblance to a pipe owned by Jefferson Davis, if I had bought it, it’d be my luck someone would have read incorrectly into my ideological views.)

Then there’s that late 1960’s Dunhill pot ... I could go on and bore the hell out of everyone. :LOL:

Reactions: OzPiper

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
Some good tales of pipes lost on this thread. Thank you gents. Perhaps knowing that others have missed the pipes they lost or never had helps soften the sense of being alone in the loss.
Other such narratives are welcome.

Reactions: OzPiper