PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
I think the easy way to tell is if its in a 100 gram tin it is made by Kopp and will be continued. Those not in the 100 gram paint can tins will be history. Both you mentioned are history. Maybe I will trade off my Flanagan. It doesnt do anything for me. When Orientals are the forward blend I dont seem to get excited.

quietlife

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2022
Am I correct in the assumption that there will be no more HU blends? So no more Dockworker, Flanagan etc? If this is correct, when are they for the chop? Better get some orders in. Damn!

Starting January 1st, 2024
Dockworker, Flanagan, Haymaker, Sunset, Tillerman, Old Fredder's + a bunch more, mainly aro's are going to be discontinued.
Find em now!

WerewolfOfLondon

Can't Leave
Jun 8, 2023
London
So basically they're ditching all the Hans Wiedemann blends. I mean, excuse my French, but what the f*ck is that about? KK buy up the company, then ditch the very thing that makes that company unique. Homogenise them to be like every other company on the market. Like Agent Smith from The Matrix, invade any and every body and make them all exactly the same. I am a pretty new smoker, coming up four years. This is the first time I have witnessed this type of bullshit. I have heard older members describe it happening to other blending houses, now I see it in action. So shit!

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
You never know. Maybe they will be reintroduced later if there is the demand. Its hard to know what was sold and who owns what.

Maybe someone will buy the rights to the blends or if they are not protected copy them....

In an anti smoking world dont expect mass expansion. The universe is shrinking.

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
I just doubled down on TAD. Two orders Two days. There were some things I wanted to try and one or two that were being discontinued. Hoarding!

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I just doubled down on TAD. Two orders Two days. There were some things I wanted to try and one or two that were being discontinued. Hoarding!
Get it while you can! Most of those on the execution list were blends I tried and didn't particularly like. But Tillerman is one that I liked quite a lot, so I bought a bulk bag of it. I might give a few of them another try, since they're mostly 7-8 years old and I haven't touched them in years. Might as well just smoke them.

Reactions: Toast

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Good to know, and I've seen other references to successful orders as well. Now if I could just figure out how to "add to cart" ...? Can't find the dam* button to do so.......... First I thought it was because I didn't have an account yet, then after creating account I couldn't find the tobacco, then after restarting with the first helpful link from above I got the blends to show again, but still can't figure out how to add to cart... I swear I'm still sober :ROFLMAO:

Actually I think they have to validate my account and it could take 24 hours to confirm I'm over 18 and then I'll be able to do so. I see a buy now button for a book but not tobaccos. So I'm not nuts, and I told you I was sober!!
So my account is active now and I'm trying to order. I'm confused though, as most offerings have the same name and sized tin available as 2 choices; most often with either 3 green or 2 yellow circles for them.
Who wants to school me on WTH those mean? So I can choose and create my order properly?
Thanks to whomever wants to learn the new guy......

quietlife

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 24, 2022
But that doesn't tell my why there will be 2 listings of same item, at different prices for the green circles vs yellow circles...

I placed orders for the cheapest of the 2, and it worked. Some were 25% off while the other was 40%. I chose the 40%. I believe they are the same exact thing but they created a separate page for the sale item or something.

TheWhale13

Part of the Furniture Now
Aug 12, 2021
Sweden
Seems to me like blends made by Dan Tobacco are being discontinued. Which makes perfect sense considering they are a competitor.