PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Auxsender

Part of the Furniture Now
Jul 17, 2022
Nashville
Hello, unfortunatelly have bad news. Hans replied this. It means relly tobacco not mentioned in the list will be discontinued :-(

M.

Hi Mirek,

sorry für die späte Antwort. Leider fallen alle DTM Blends aus dem Programm. Da es ja von mir kreierte Mischungen sind, werden sie auch nicht mehr produziert.
Das Ganze tut mir sehr leid und niemanden tut dies mehr weh als mir. Trotzdem wünsche ich Dir weiterhin viel Spaß an Hu Tobacco.
Liebe Grüße und frohe Weihnachten.

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Best regards

Hans Wiedemann
ENGLISH:
Sorry for the late reply. Unfortunately, all DTM blends are no longer available. Since they are mixtures I created, they are no longer produced.
I'm very sorry about the whole thing and it doesn't hurt anyone more than me. Nevertheless, I hope you continue to enjoy Hu Tobacco.
Kind regards and Merry Christmas.

Sigmund

Lifer
Sep 17, 2023
France
Just for good measure I put in an order for to stock up further on Directors Cut and Makhuwa as well as a little of others. Im concerend that they might screw up the blends if they are actually in charge of them. Im probably paranoid. If so they can still sit happily on the shelf.

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
Never tried these blends but have wanted to. Should I even ask everyone where I should try and order some before any potential changes come down...?

FLDRD

Lifer
Oct 13, 2021
Arkansas
just did for the first time, and it was as smooth as it could possibly be!
Good to know, and I've seen other references to successful orders as well. Now if I could just figure out how to "add to cart" ...? Can't find the dam* button to do so.......... First I thought it was because I didn't have an account yet, then after creating account I couldn't find the tobacco, then after restarting with the first helpful link from above I got the blends to show again, but still can't figure out how to add to cart... I swear I'm still sober :ROFLMAO:

Actually I think they have to validate my account and it could take 24 hours to confirm I'm over 18 and then I'll be able to do so. I see a buy now button for a book but not tobaccos. So I'm not nuts, and I told you I was sober!!

Reactions: woodsroad

Dave760

Can't Leave
Jul 13, 2023
Pittsburgh, PA
Actually I think they have to validate my account and it could take 24 hours to confirm I'm over 18 and then I'll be able to do so. I see a buy now button for a book but not tobaccos. So I'm not nuts, and I told you I was sober!!
FYI, it took about 48 hours when I registered. So a little patience is worth it.

Reactions: FLDRD

woodsroad

Lifer
Oct 10, 2013
SE PA USA
Try contacting Customs and/or your congresscritter’s office. There may just be taxes to pay. This is the first I’ve heard of an Estervals order being snagged. My order arrived two days ago, unopened.

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Try contacting Customs and/or your congresscritter’s office. There may just be taxes to pay. This is the first I’ve heard of an Estervals order being snagged. My order arrived two days ago, unopened.
I've ordered several times in the past year 🤷

I can't imagine trying to contact these cretins by phone.
They're like the bastard children of the IRS and TSA.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
I've ordered several times in the past year 🤷

I can't imagine trying to contact these cretins by phone.
They're like the bastard children of the IRS and TSA.
Contact DSL. Even though the odds have improved greatly since Estervals switched to DSL Express, there have been a number of incidents of shipments getting snagged, some of which have been successfully fixed by contacting DSL and following their directions.

Reactions: bluegrassbrian

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
Contact DSL. Even though the odds have improved greatly since Estervals switched to DSL Express, there have been a number of incidents of shipments getting snagged, some of which have been successfully fixed by contacting DSL and following their directions.
I'll be amazed if I can actually get someone on the phone.

Reactions: woodsroad

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Just for good measure I put in an order for to stock up further on Directors Cut and Makhuwa as well as a little of others. Im concerend that they might screw up the blends if they are actually in charge of them. Im probably paranoid. If so they can still sit happily on the shelf.
Both blends have been changed from 2014 versions at least once. Get what you want now or you may risk further changes that may or may not be for the better.

sablebrush52

The Bard Of Barlings
Jun 15, 2013
Southern Oregon
jrs457.wixsite.com
This is interesting. Even though I decided to stop buying tobacco a couple of years ago, and will be thinning down the cellar when I finish the current show, the news that some blends that I like, like Tillerman, might be going the way of the dodo, plus a curiosity about the new and improved DHL delivery, caused me to place a small order with Estervals, the first one since the disastrous 2020 order that had gone walkabout in the US for 9 months before being rocketed back to Germany. I was also curious to see if K, formerly known as K&K, had unscrewed up some of the HU blends that I had last bought in 2019.

The order shipped from Estervals 5 days ago, and showed up here in the "remote delivery area" of Ashland today. I just went out to get the mail and it was in the lock up for large packages. After reading the above issues with bluegrassbrian's order I seriously thought I might be facing a repeat of 2020.

That's it for me. Curiosity satisfied, I have tickled the dragon's tail one last time and emerged unscathed.

WerewolfOfLondon

Can't Leave
Jun 8, 2023
London
Am I correct in the assumption that there will be no more HU blends? So no more Dockworker, Flanagan etc? If this is correct, when are they for the chop? Better get some orders in. Damn!

Reactions: quietlife