PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Title edited for capitalization——please see Rule nine for titles.

From Kopp Pipes Instagram account: "The deal is closed! We welcome Hans Wiedemann on board. KOPP Tobaccos will take care for the worldwide distribution of HU Tobacco..."

I would assume this means that HU will eventually become available in markets like the USA and UK where Kopp already has distribution agreements. I suppose we'll see shortly.

Also, whether MSRP is one that will still be undercut by Estervals tax-free pricing also remains to be seen. Lots of Kopp-distro tobaccos are available at around a half to a third the price via Estervals.

1000011872.png

Last edited by a moderator:

jackets

Starting to Get Obsessed
Oct 11, 2017
Potentially excellent news. As noted above there may still be utility in purchasing from everyone’s favorite HU mule…. Err shop in Germany. This also has me wondering what exactly happened, or is happening with the FDA deeming regulations regarding new products.

I’m also curious if they will sell, or distribute HU blends manufactured by DTM to markets outside of Germany.

tmcg81

Part of the Furniture Now
May 8, 2020
NJ
There's a couple HU blends that I've been interested in, but for whatever reason, I never tried ordering through Estervals. If a distributor in the states had the blends, I'd probably try a tin or two. My "cellar" is in a good place now, so any kind of buying weight is silly for me at this time. That said, I've heard that dockworker would be right up my alley and I'm intrigued.

Grovius

Might Stick Around
Sep 27, 2020
Tui, Galicia
Yeah I saw Hans post about this on FB, but I'm not fluent in German.
Anyone else?...
“Only s/he who changes stays true to theirself

In order to make what we keep even better, the whole organization of HU Tobacco will change on 1/1/2024.

I will focus on the development of tobacco mixtures and I gain KOPP Tobaccos as a strong partner for the worldwide distribution. This collaboration gives me space for even more creative developments and will be extra enriched with the experience of Master Blender Thomas Nitsche!

A difficult decision, a light feeling. Now there is space and freedom to go back to the wholly original fire: the smoking pipe

A PASSION IS STRONGER,

WHEN IT BECOMES CALMER.”

AroEnglish

Lifer
Jan 7, 2020
Midwest

bluegrassbrian

Your Mom's Favorite Pipe Smoker
Aug 27, 2016
Louisville
“Only s/he who changes stays true to theirself

In order to make what we keep even better, the whole organization of HU Tobacco will change on 1/1/2024.

I will focus on the development of tobacco mixtures and I gain KOPP Tobaccos as a strong partner for the worldwide distribution. This collaboration gives me space for even more creative developments and will be extra enriched with the experience of Master Blender Thomas Nitsche!

A difficult decision, a light feeling. Now there is space and freedom to go back to the wholly original fire: the smoking pipe

A PASSION IS STRONGER,

WHEN IT BECOMES CALMER.”
Thanks!