PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

surfmac211

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 28, 2009
Jacksonville, Florida
As of now I carry a benchmade 470 emissary. If its not that I will carry a SOG flash ii or a benchmade mini onslaught. I also typically have some type of multi tool weather it be my leatherman charge tti, leatherman fuze, or my leatherman juice s2.

Jul 15, 2011
I carried one on and off for several years. Then, when I was 19, I took a job overnight at the local grocery store up the road, a real mom and pop place. About 3 or 4 o clock every morning, my supervisor would always ask me to round up the spare carts in the parking lot. I always liked doing this in the summer because it gave me a chance to break out my MP3 player for a few minutes and smoke a small cigar in the process. One morning, while gathering carts, there was a drug deal that went very bad in the parking lot of the small BBQ joint that was in the same shopping center. Four bullets were fired but thankfully no one was hurt or killed. Since that day, I have carried a knife religiously. Its usually a large size Kershaw folder with a good sized blade and nice rubber grips on the side.

asteroid1

Might Stick Around
Sep 2, 2011
I use an Opinel no 9 (with carbon steel blade) at home (law forbids me from carrying it outside as the blade can be locked and is longer than 3") for letter/box opening and cutting plug/rope tobacco. I also use an Opinel no 12 for cutting wood. You can't beat Opinel knives for the price/performance

rigmedic1

Lifer
May 29, 2011
I have a Case XX "gentlemans" 2 blade knife that I used to carry for pipe purposes, an original Buck delrin handle knife that's about 30 years old that was my ambulance knife, and a Kissing Crane double blade in my Jeep. They no longer allow knives offshore ( safety rules, you know) so I got out of the habit of carrying one on my person. Funny thing about safety rules though: I have seen plenty of cut injuries from the "alternative cutting devices" that would have been preventable if the victims would have earned a Whittling Chit.

revs

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 31, 2011
Utah
Typically have at least one on me. When at work, it is a Victorinox Swiss Army Knife that I rehandled. The original black plastic scales were ruined so I replaced them with some walnut ones. On weekends, I usually carry a Spyderco or Boker Subcom. Love the little Subcom. Has a wharncliff blade and custom orange G-10 scale.

shaintiques

Lifer
Jul 13, 2011
Georgia
I carry a BUCK, never leave home without one. I once wrote a letter to the President of the company and he wrote me back, it was pretty cool.

patriotfirst

Lurker
Feb 8, 2010
Depends on what I'm doing. Mostly I carry around a spring assisted SOG that was given to me by my co-workers for my b-day a few years ago. I sometimes carry around a Masters of Defense (MoD) as well. This is when I'm at work though.

Status
Not open for further replies.