PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyg

Lurker
Apr 5, 2011
Well being of scottish blood, there is nothing wrong with wearing a kilt,but the true way is to have nothing on underneath not too good in the wind i thinks

thekiltedchaplain

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2011
Here I am in my family hunting tartan: MacDonald of the Isles. I love wearing these things, they're extremely comfortable, and I must say, the ladies (and by that I mean my wife) don't mind em' either.

collin

Part of the Furniture Now
Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
I've worn a kilt for years. As a pipe band drummer...not as any kind of "tourist".
Dallas Scottish Festival

IrishFestival2005.jpg

Stone Mountain Georgia

NTG.jpg

They're warm in the winter and cool in the summer. And very expensive.
The women love 'em! And anyone wearing anything under a real kilt, (not one of those utili-whatevers), is just....wrong.
Sorry....we who've been taught to wear them correctly have many pet-peaves about the incorrect wearing of one.

marmal4de

Lifer
Feb 20, 2011
Richmond, BC
Love the pics guys.

They're warm in the winter and cool in the summer. And very expensive.

The women love 'em! And anyone wearing anything under a real kilt, (not one of those utili-whatevers), is just....wrong.

Sorry....we who've been taught to wear them correctly have many pet-peaves about the incorrect wearing of one.

Tommy you're absolutley correct on each and every count.

thekiltedchaplain

Starting to Get Obsessed
May 11, 2011
I agree with one more rule:
If you wear your kilt above your knees, you're a boy

If you wear your kilt at your knees, you're a man

If you wear your kilt below your knees, you're dreaming.

collin

Oct 29, 2010
Oklahoma
Hobie buddy,....of all of the women I ever played with, zero of them claimed to go "regimental"....they all unfortunately wore shorts, sorry. :D
On a side note, a kilt is a man's military garment...and unless in a band and wearing it as a uniform, women don't wear them.

judcole

Lifer
Sep 14, 2011
Detroit
I am the State Commissioner for my clan society, and also active in my local St. Andrew's Society. I wear the kilt regularly.

We should remember, though, that although in the old days, a man's shirt came down to his knees, and was his undergarment.

Here is yours truly a couple of years back, for Tartan Day. This was taken at my church.

18044_1100904342124_5006066_n.jpg

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
@Tommy, noticed your post earlier in the thread from a year ago.
I'd be interested to hear who you think is entitled to wear a kilt and who, merely "tourists," are not?
I greatly respect your status as a pipe band drummer, but I wonder if your comments don't reflect a bit of the "more Celtic than thou" strain of snobbery that sometimes come to the fore among those who value their history and heritage. (I've had some interesting comments from generations-removed Scotts who wanted to call into doubt the propriety of an Irish descendant in a kilt.)
Of course, this is the internet, where it's often easier to misunderstand that to understand. So if I've misunderstood you, just say so. Dia duit.

tslex

Lifer
Jun 23, 2011
Ha, well then.
I can blackguard him all I like and never fear the reply.

checotah

Feb 7, 2012
@Jud. What tartan is that? At first I thought it might be MacKay (my clan), but on closer exam it doesn't seem to be so.
I finally got around to having my kilt let out so I can wear it. Somehow, over the past 26 years it shrank around the waist....

Status
Not open for further replies.