PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Drucquers Banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 7, 2016
It's either the man himself or one of his fanatical acolytes.
I live at the other end of the state from KBV, at an address you have sent a package to some months back, as I have sent packages to you, and I have done less than $100 in business in two orders with KBV.

Actually, I probably wouldn’t have done that much had I not been able to throw in some pipe sized Swan Vestas at a really good price and benefit from the free shipping. The state sales tax that, as a Tennessee resident, I have to pay is a real stumbling block.

If it makes me a fanatical acolyte to respect someone who jumps through the numerous hoops it required to convert a hobbyist operation to a fully licensed vendor with accounts with pretty much all of the distributors of finished products and blending ingredients, so be it. I think you know I am not.

Oct 7, 2016
I see what you're saying but just let him be Greeneyes. Byron / Sean Connery / Oldgeezer or whatever he's calling himself can sometimes come off a bit pompous but it's not like he's strangling kittens for a living. It's time to let the KBV antipathy fade.
I have posted on this board under one name and one only for almost four years now. Never belonged to it before then. If you really find my posts pompous, you aren’t forced to read them.

Why there was ever any antipathy towards KBV is simply an indication of the pettiness, spiteful grudge holding, small mindedness and complete ignorance of the myriad rules that anyone in the tobacco industry has to navigate daily that seems to be an inescapable part of forums. I wish complete success to anyone with a license that tries to make a business of it..Why
don’t others?

logs

Lifer
Apr 28, 2019
I have posted on this board under one name and one only for almost four years now. Never belonged to it before then. If you really find my posts pompous, you aren’t forced to read them.

Why there was ever any antipathy towards KBV is simply an indication of the pettiness, spiteful grudge holding, small mindedness and complete ignorance of the myriad rules that anyone in the tobacco industry has to navigate daily that seems to be an inescapable part of forums. I wish complete success to anyone with a license that tries to make a business of it..Why
don’t others?

Calm down, you're fine by me Oldgeezer.

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
I think you know I am not.
I know you're not.
And you know that my antipathy predates "KBV" and has nothing to do with entrepreneurial accolades and blending formulas. It is the man himself, and his hubris, his arrogance, his hypocrisy and his sycophancy that irk me. But I'm just one man with an opinion, and my opinion has no relevance here, or to "KBV."

Reactions: twoonefive
Oct 7, 2016
I know you're not.
And you know that my antipathy predates "KBV" and has nothing to do with entrepreneurial accolades and blending formulas. It is the man himself, and his hubris, his arrogance, his hypocrisy and his sycophancy that irk me. But I'm just one man with an opinion, and my opinion has no relevance here, or to "KBV."
other than that, Mrs Lincoln, did you enjoy the play?

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
Calm down, you're fine by me Oldgeezer.
There’s a basic thing - when you make a silly post and call someone pompous you should have a reasonable expectation that they’ll reply.
“Yeah I ran my mouth and talked shit about you, but calm down. “
Wicked good stuff.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon
Oct 7, 2016
There’s a basic thing - when you make a silly post and call someone pompous you should have a reasonable expectation that they’ll reply.
“Yeah I ran my mouth and talked shit about you, but calm down. “
Wicked good stuff.
Logs and I are fine.

musicman

Lifer
Nov 12, 2019
Cincinnati, OH
That’s good. Some of us have to read through the muck looking for relevant thread content.
If I were closer to enlightenment I’d be able to skip over the muck without commenting.
I found the thread AND the muck highly entertaining. I guess that probably says something about close I am to enlightenment. The answer: not close. Not at all.

craig61a

Lifer
Apr 29, 2017
Minnesota USA
I don’t see any real relevance to legislation in this thread...

KBV came to my attention several months back with stoved SG FVF...

Since then there’s been a flurry of seemingly one off releases, with rave reviews by a segment of the membership.

I haven’t bothered to look at his website, nor have I bought any of his products. I’m not really inclined to, either. I’ve got more than enough tobacco cellared to well outlast me a lifetime and then some.

I haven’t made any major tobacco purchases in nearly a year. Other than a few blends that were more or less a one time opportunity.

Guess I’m just a plain belly Sneetch... ?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
I don’t see any real relevance to legislation in this thread...

KBV came to my attention several months back with stoved SG FVF...

Since then there’s been a flurry of seemingly one off releases, with rave reviews by a segment of the membership.

I haven’t bothered to look at his website, nor have I bought any of his products. I’m not really inclined to, either. I’ve got more than enough tobacco cellared to well outlast me a lifetime and then some.

I haven’t made any major tobacco purchases in nearly a year. Other than a few blends that were more or less a one time opportunity.

Guess I’m just a plain belly Sneetch... ?
He does work magic with orientals.

Reactions: CoffeeAndBourbon
Status
Not open for further replies.