PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 27, 2020
Can't bring myself to buy something called Byronic, but at $6/ounce, Sakura has become my new favorite tobacco. Considering that Jupiter Slices Full Slab is a sourced blend, I'm wondering if any of his blends are re-labeled. There was a guy tinning McClelland Red Cake years ago and calling it his own. C&D did the same thing at last year's Chicago pipe show with Oriental Silk calling it Virginia Oriental, and many thought it was an exclusive new blend.

Have you tried the dark fired cherry?

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014
Ah ok, have you tried or are a fan of that Cult Blood Moon .org eh Steve right it’s called? Not sure if I’m brave enough to go down the cherry red road yet...
That one I like. Bought up a bunch of it about five years ago when P&C had it on sale for $5. No need to be scared of it, though if you've only been smoking for a year or two, I wouldn't worry about flavored blends yet.

Reactions: BROBS

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
The labels really show that the Byron is in touch with the pipe smoking culture. I'm always improvising jar labels by cutting out the little sticker than comes on the ziplock bags of bulk, or doing fancier type faces on my computer, printing them off, and scotch taping them to jars. It's kind of fun, on the one hand, but a chore on the other. I'm doing that today with yesterday's arrivals. Byron is a step ahead in providing a ready label nicely printed. Bravo. I got there too late for the cherry blossom blend, but I sure appreciate knowing about the labels.

JimInks

Sultan of Smoke
Aug 31, 2012
Can't bring myself to buy something called Byronic, but at $6/ounce, Sakura has become my new favorite tobacco. Considering that Jupiter Slices Full Slab is a sourced blend, I'm wondering if any of his blends are re-labeled. There was a guy tinning McClelland Red Cake years ago and calling it his own. C&D did the same thing at last year's Chicago pipe show with Oriental Silk calling it Virginia Oriental, and many thought it was an exclusive new blend.

With the exception of the aged FVF and Raven's Eye blends, the KBV blends are created by Ken Byron. The Yoshimi blends are co-creations with the lady.

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
He's been on a rule breaking spree lately.

Next I'm expecting him to announce he's dedicated one of his Dunhills to Penzance.
Don't have any more, what I didn't give away I traded for Murray's Three Year Matured Virginia.

Reactions: brian64

Chasing Embers

Nov 12, 2014
Awesome...and awesome. A volcano reverse calabash full bend sitter. Very Mt. Fuji. ?
Not even a reverse calabash. Bruce called it a tri-cano and Japan has an island volcano with three peaks called Sakurajimi (Cherry Blossom Island), seemed the perfect pipe.

Reactions: brian64
Status
Not open for further replies.