Keens Steakhouse in NYC - Clay Pipe Lovers Unite!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

12 Fresh Claudio Cavicchi Pipes
12 Fresh GH.ZHANG Pipes
12 Fresh Dunhill Pipes
18 Fresh Estate Pipes
36 Fresh Savinelli Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
@The Clay King would think that that’s a view of heaven 😁
I doubt he’d touch his food, probably crick his neck from looking up & promptly pass out!

Funny ideas the Americans have, when it comes to bars & restaurants.
I remember years ago a fancy place in Kansas City bought an old boxing booths show front, from here in the UK & had it cut up & transported to the states. The boxing promoter was Jack Gage, a very close friend of my late grandfather. I wonder if any members here from KC have dined there. @kcghost? @georged ?

Here’s a photo of it when it was touring the fairgrounds.
IMG_5943.jpeg

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
And the last time I was there, it was still a chop house. When did the name change?

Reactions: jguss

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I doubt he’d touch his food, probably crick his neck from looking up & promptly pass out!

Funny ideas the Americans have, when it comes to bars & restaurants.
I remember years ago a fancy place in Kansas City bought an old boxing booths show front, from here in the UK & had it cut up & transported to the states. The boxing promoter was Jack Gage, a very close friend of my late grandfather. I wonder if any members here from KC have dined there. @kcghost? @georged ?

Here’s a photo of it when it was touring the fairgrounds.
View attachment 284640
@simong I was smoking my longest stem clay at the Battle of Nantwich a week ago today. 1792 Flake in it!

Attachments

• Nantwich 2024 (2).JPG
    Nantwich 2024 (2).JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Nantwich 2024 (1).JPG
    Nantwich 2024 (1).JPG
    146 KB · Views: 12

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
That places bar is a favorite of my wife. I like the restaurant and I am very partial to all sorts of things on their menu. I would often have lunch there before catching the sleeper car back to Florida. They display some of the clay pipes smoked by a few of the more famous patrons of the place.

Reactions: The Clay King

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
That places bar is a favorite of my wife. I like the restaurant and I am very partial to all sorts of things on their menu. I would often have lunch there before catching the sleeper car back to Florida. They display some of the clay pipes smoked by a few of the more famous patrons of the place.
@condorlover1 I was smoking 1792 Flake in the clay at the Battle of Nantwich. Been for a few pints with a friend today; we're going to an all you can eat venue in Barnsley next week. I can almost taste all that steak!