Keens Steakhouse in NYC - Clay Pipe Lovers Unite!

SmokingPipes.com Updates

Watch for Updates Twice a Week

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

simong

Lifer
Oct 13, 2015
UK
@The Clay King would think that that’s a view of heaven 😁
I doubt he’d touch his food, probably crick his neck from looking up & promptly pass out!

Funny ideas the Americans have, when it comes to bars & restaurants.
I remember years ago a fancy place in Kansas City bought an old boxing booths show front, from here in the UK & had it cut up & transported to the states. The boxing promoter was Jack Gage, a very close friend of my late grandfather. I wonder if any members here from KC have dined there. @kcghost? @georged ?

Here’s a photo of it when it was touring the fairgrounds.
IMG_5943.jpeg

jpberg

Lifer
Aug 30, 2011
And the last time I was there, it was still a chop house. When did the name change?

Reactions: jguss

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
I doubt he’d touch his food, probably crick his neck from looking up & promptly pass out!

Funny ideas the Americans have, when it comes to bars & restaurants.
I remember years ago a fancy place in Kansas City bought an old boxing booths show front, from here in the UK & had it cut up & transported to the states. The boxing promoter was Jack Gage, a very close friend of my late grandfather. I wonder if any members here from KC have dined there. @kcghost? @georged ?

Here’s a photo of it when it was touring the fairgrounds.
View attachment 284640
@simong I was smoking my longest stem clay at the Battle of Nantwich a week ago today. 1792 Flake in it!

Attachments

• Nantwich 2024 (2).JPG
    Nantwich 2024 (2).JPG
    113.2 KB · Views: 12
  • Nantwich 2024 (1).JPG
    Nantwich 2024 (1).JPG
    146 KB · Views: 12

condorlover1

Lifer
Dec 22, 2013
New York
That places bar is a favorite of my wife. I like the restaurant and I am very partial to all sorts of things on their menu. I would often have lunch there before catching the sleeper car back to Florida. They display some of the clay pipes smoked by a few of the more famous patrons of the place.

Reactions: The Clay King

The Clay King

(Formerly HalfDan)
Oct 2, 2018
Chesterfield, UK
www.youtube.com
That places bar is a favorite of my wife. I like the restaurant and I am very partial to all sorts of things on their menu. I would often have lunch there before catching the sleeper car back to Florida. They display some of the clay pipes smoked by a few of the more famous patrons of the place.
@condorlover1 I was smoking 1792 Flake in the clay at the Battle of Nantwich. Been for a few pints with a friend today; we're going to an all you can eat venue in Barnsley next week. I can almost taste all that steak!