Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
I have about 100. i restore mostly Kaywoodies and Grabows. They’re great. The collectors forum is slow but great info. Pipedia of course. Im sure others have said. I have a lot of 14 coming in on Tuesday and one is A Mandarin. Can’t wait for that. havent had one before. (bamboo shank). Don’t know if this actually answered anything. I see Kaywoodie and just have to say hi. Lol. Wife is talking to me and I’m having to pretend to listen while writing this. Caught. Damn. Bye.

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
Back in the 80s I bought a large pipe collection. Among the many cool pipes there was a Kaywoodie salesman's sample display. This was a small, kind of fan shaped (it would fit in the palm of your hand) black leather covered case with a hinged lid. When you opened it there were 12 different shaped miniature Kaywoodies. They were each about and inch long, smooth finish and exact in every detail. The stems ever unscrewed and had the plumbing inside. I sold it at a pipe show. It was one of the most unusual and neatest pipe items I ever had.

Peter - CCB

Starting to Get Obsessed
Dec 26, 2019
Santa Barbara, CA
www.etsy.com
I have one. Got it a couple months ago by accident. I didn’t pay too much attention to the dimensions. Guy thought he was pulling on over on me. I was pretty happy. It’s even been smoked. Lmao!! I couldn’t believe that it was even possible. Yeah, has a stinger and all.
Back in the 80s I bought a large pipe collection. Among the many cool pipes there was a Kaywoodie salesman's sample display. This was a small, kind of fan shaped (it would fit in the palm of your hand) black leather covered case with a hinged lid. When you opened it there were 12 different shaped miniature Kaywoodies. They were each about and inch long, smooth finish and exact in every detail. The stems ever unscrewed and had the plumbing inside. I sold it at a pipe show. It was one of the most unusual and neatest pipe items I ever had.

Searock Fan

Lifer
Oct 22, 2021
U.S.A.
Guess I should have looked on line first. See what I found.... Ok, brown leather not black. But hey, it's been over 30 years!

Imsssssssage1.jpg

Laurent

Lifer
Dec 25, 2021
Michigan
I have about 100. i restore mostly Kaywoodies and Grabows. They’re great. The collectors forum is slow but great info. Pipedia of course. Im sure others have said. I have a lot of 14 coming in on Tuesday and one is A Mandarin. Can’t wait for that. havent had one before. (bamboo shank). Don’t know if this actually answered anything. I see Kaywoodie and just have to say hi. Lol. Wife is talking to me and I’m having to pretend to listen while writing this. Caught. Damn. Bye.
I’ve come across some Kaywoodies at a antique store, but who ever smoked them chewed through the ends of the stems. They were screw in stems.

Reactions: Latakia Dave

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
Not to be a thread necromancer here but I just ordered 2 brand new Kaywoodie pipes. They are both from the standard line which sports a smooth, light brown finish. One is a medium straight apple and the other is a medium straight billiard. I will post pics when they arrive.

LeafErikson

Lifer
Dec 7, 2021
Oregon
31131B9D-D46D-453B-A990-B543F82090A4.jpeg
Here are my two new Kaywoodie Standard pipes that I ordered. They both smoked cool and dry on their first bowl and I would not hesitate to add more new Kaywoodies to my pipe rack. I’m generally more of a sandblasted guy but these classical, smooth shapes really caught my eye. The apple shape had some cracking in the bowl coating at the heel of the tobacco chamber but it didn’t impact the smoke in any way. Overall, I’m elated with my purchase, especially when you consider the $47 price tag on these beauties.