Drucquers Banner

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casual

Lifer
Oct 3, 2019
NL, CA
18 bucks too expensive for a 2 oz. tin of quality tobacco??? That’s less than a dollar a bowl. A bottle of Bud Light costs more than that! Man, I’m glad I’m not a tobacco blender. I would feel insulted!
Well, manufacturers can feel how they like, but supply and demand sets prices.

I’m actually surprised that pipe tobacco prices are as close to each other as they are. I would have expected that the constantly sold out, constantly suggested, and constantly favourite blends would command a much higher price than they do. For example, how the secondary market prices them.

I‘m glad that Seattle Pipe Club’s success with Plum Pudding has enabled them to charge more. I want them to make lots of money on Plum Pudding so they ensure there’s always supply out there for me to buy.

alaskanpiper

Enabler in Chief
May 23, 2019
Alaska
Yeah I go the email as well. Not sure of Rum barrel aged, but put one in my cart while I eyeball another Castello. Mississippi River Special Reserve is the baccy I like the most from SPC.
Yeah I nabbed two tins. I like PP better than MR, but the PP BA version was so good I had to try the MR one as well.

Chasing Embers

Captain of the Black Frigate
Nov 12, 2014

BROBS

Lifer
Nov 13, 2019
IA
Haha try working Prudhoe Bay, AK. Just make sure you wear your PPE and do an STA by the VSM's under PBOC, and your SPOC and GDP ACWR's better be in line, otherwise ASRC ESPP&C might get LCMF to do the work on your R&R.
K

greeneyes

Lifer
Jun 5, 2018
Just had 4 bowls of Bourbon Barrel ....Nice aroma from opening the tin...That's it...Not a chewy smoke I would hope for (Frog Morton)...thin to behold and to the cellar it goes.
Sutliff was althways thin compared to McClelland. That's why McClelland was such a huge loss. Their tobaccos had dimension, depth, and character. Much of what's on the market now is lacking real depth.

Reactions: BROBS

Dissident_Mantis

Starting to Get Obsessed
Jan 8, 2020
I haven't gotten around to trying the original yet. I hated Mississippi River so much that I haven't given any of their other blends a try. Perhaps i'll check this one out.

Status
Not open for further replies.