PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mso489

Lifer
Feb 21, 2013
I like the idea of having one or two ceremonial pipes for special occasions only, but that are still fine smokers. I smoke my whole stable, the whole rotation, but the idea still has appeal. I guess a few of my pipes have sort of slid into that role without my deciding, but to my mind, everything gets smoked in turn.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
In the semi-rural NorthEastern USA
I like the idea of having one or two ceremonial pipes for special occasions only, but that are still fine smokers. I smoke my whole stable, the whole rotation, but the idea still has appeal. I guess a few of my pipes have sort of slid into that role without my deciding, but to my mind, everything gets smoked in turn.
that's the plan. Maybe when there is something to celebrate. Now is time to do some justification math.... if I use it when I have something to celebrate and normally I'd buy an 80-100 bottle of something nice then it will only have to have 15-16 things before it pays for itself.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
004-653-4541.2208.jpg

Wow! Good for you! I saw that for sale too and wondered if it would sell. That is certainly a beautiful display piece.
the picture does not do it justice.

Reactions: Country Bladesmith

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
the meer is perfect for a sit down and contemplate life kind of smoke. The Rattray's is great for flakes and coins. But I am happy to report that the meer doesn't sacrifice smoking quality for aesthetics. Just thought I'd let you guys know. And the chamber is quite deceptive in how much it holds.

anotherbob

Lifer
Mar 30, 2019
That's spectacular, advanced carving on that one.
yeah it is great to look at when you need a little emotional boost. The detail on it's incredible. When you smoke it you know that so much work and attention went into it, to a point you can meditate on the wonders of civilization and society leading to a person making something that beautiful. You know like all good art.

Reactions: BROBS
Status
Not open for further replies.