PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack24

Preferred Member
May 11, 2013
Between life and work, it's been tough to get a lot of shop time lately...I was pretty pleased with this one- a nice little billiard with a really interesting piece of buddha bamboo...

anthonyrosenthal74

Preferred Member
Jan 8, 2013
The bamboo usually turns me right off, but this looks great!
I'm the same way. I'm not a fan of bamboo shanked pipes at all. But every once in a while one shows up that I really like. Well done, Zack! :clap:

ejames

Preferred Member
Oct 6, 2009
That's pretty ! The length of the bamboo is perfect to my eye. Another knuckle would have been to much.

zack24

Preferred Member
May 11, 2013
Thanks guys! I really like working with bamboo....Just found out the Kansas City carving competition is featuring bamboo next year- should be fun!

zack24

Preferred Member
May 11, 2013
So is Buddha bamboo officially a term? Is it just bamboo that is fatter or is it a particular type?
Couldn't tell you the exact classification, but bamboo for pipe making is either called bamboo, black bamboo, or Buddha bamboo. 3 very distinct varieties...

hmhaines

Preferred Member
Sep 5, 2016
CT
That's pretty ! The length of the bamboo is perfect to my eye. Another knuckle would have been to much.
That's usually why I don't like them, I think. The bamboo is used to freely, but not in this pipe. Perfect amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.