PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Between life and work, it's been tough to get a lot of shop time lately...I was pretty pleased with this one- a nice little billiard with a really interesting piece of buddha bamboo...

x3tkw2.jpg

11jsodg.jpg

nvejvn.jpg

Jan 8, 2013
The bamboo usually turns me right off, but this looks great!
I'm the same way. I'm not a fan of bamboo shanked pipes at all. But every once in a while one shows up that I really like. Well done, Zack! :clap:

ejames

Lifer
Oct 6, 2009
That's pretty ! The length of the bamboo is perfect to my eye. Another knuckle would have been to much.

uneek

Might Stick Around
Sep 8, 2016
The stem notch matching the notch in the bamboo is an elegant touch.

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
Thanks guys! I really like working with bamboo....Just found out the Kansas City carving competition is featuring bamboo next year- should be fun!

zack24

Lifer
May 11, 2013
So is Buddha bamboo officially a term? Is it just bamboo that is fatter or is it a particular type?

Couldn't tell you the exact classification, but bamboo for pipe making is either called bamboo, black bamboo, or Buddha bamboo. 3 very distinct varieties...

hmhaines

Part of the Furniture Now
Sep 5, 2016
CT
That's pretty ! The length of the bamboo is perfect to my eye. Another knuckle would have been to much.
That's usually why I don't like them, I think. The bamboo is used to freely, but not in this pipe. Perfect amount.

Status
Not open for further replies.