PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
That's the one.
I'm still quite not sure about it being murder. I live outside Atlanta, so I heard the news. I believe it was Involuntary manslaughter. My dad is a lot like Tex McIver, always on guard and always packing. Especially if he was in downtown Atlanta. The only problem I have as did the prosecution was it being a .38 revolver. My mother carries one just like it and it's not a quick to fire weapon. I imagine he passed out with his finger in the trigger and if startled could have pulled the trigger. Sad story.

Reactions: litup and Jwebb90

Kozeman

Starting to Get Obsessed
Feb 4, 2020
Woodstock, Illinois
I'm still quite not sure about it being murder. I live outside Atlanta, so I heard the news. I believe it was Involuntary manslaughter. My dad is a lot like Tex McIver, always on guard and always packing. Especially if he was in downtown Atlanta. The only problem I have as did the prosecution was it being a .38 revolver. My mother carries one just like it and it's not a quick to fire weapon. I imagine he passed out with his finger in the trigger and if startled could have pulled the trigger. Sad story.
That was the story,,,, for the first shot. Other five shots is where his story fell apart.

Jwebb90

Lifer
Feb 17, 2020
Ruse, Bulgaria
I agree it is a very sad story. The crazy thing is his wife said"it was an accident" just before she passed.

brian64

Lifer
Jan 31, 2011
I agree it is a very sad story. The crazy thing is his wife said"it was an accident" just before she passed.

I was looking at a couple of articles about it and I came across that as well.

I'd hate to be a juror on a trial like that.

My biggest question would probably be, why did he have the gun in his hand to begin with while just riding in the back seat?

voorhees

Lifer
May 30, 2012
Gonadistan
I was looking at a couple of articles about it and I came across that as well.

I'd hate to be a juror on a trial like that.

My biggest question would probably be, why did he have the gun in his hand to begin with while just riding in the back seat?
If you rode around Atlanta GA for a few minutes you’d understand. After dark it’s a third world country.

jpmcwjr

Staff member
May 12, 2015
Carmel Valley, CA
Sadly, there is probably a (hopefully small) market for such items, where one would tout the items as being owned by a notorious killer. Ugh. (thinking of the Manson followers, etc.)

Reactions: BROBS

seldom

Lifer
Mar 11, 2018
Please excuse speculation by someone not trained to diagnose mental health: it looks like this guy had some serious anger issues judging by how he treated those pipes. Look at what he did to the rims! My god. I've dropped a pipe onto rough concrete, it landed rim first and rim down, and the damage isn't anywhere near what this dude did. It looks like he whaled away at pavement with those poor pipes. It's not easy to damage briar that way.

Reactions: BROBS and chopper

chopper

Lifer
Aug 24, 2019
The damage to those rims are the sign of an angry, very angry man.

Inanimate objects store memory.
It's why people will burst into tears when they step into places like the Nazi concentration camps. The walls have absorbed the misery and pain of the inmates.
House warming parties were originally held to blast out the previous owners 'vibes' with music, laughter and a good time.

A pipe is a rather personal item; held, caressed and held in the mouth of it's prior owner.
No way would I stick one of those in my mouth.

We've all seen what can happen in the movies. We can all see how this will end up; It'll start with dreams of your missus plotting your murder.
You'll imagine her poisoning your food or messing with your brakes. You'll start sleeping with one eye open. You'll even start to spoon HER so you don't have your back to her.
Then you'll start making stabbing motions in your sleep. Then the stress will trigger sleep walking ......... 'No officer, I swear, I love my wife' :eek:

No man, don't do it.
Restore them & put them up for sale advertising the previous owner; there's an actual market for murderers personal possessions. You'll get double their worth. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.