9 Fresh Moonshine Pipes
3 Fresh Yuwei Pipes
9 Fresh Winslow Pipes

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Recent Posts

Jwebb90

Feb 17, 2020
The title is not clickbait. I have recently picked up a number of pipes at a local antique shop. I went back today to get the remaining few I wanted and the owner gave me a little backstory on the lot. She picked them up from the estate of a high profile Atlanta attorney who was recently convicted of killing his wife... Sure enough, I plugged in a search on Google and he popped right up. With all that being said I am getting the restoration process started on three of the pipes this evening. The first is a Ben Wade shape 65. The second is a Savinelli Oscar shape 514. And the third pipe is a London Made GBD shape 9436. So far I have the stems in an Oxyclean soak and the stummels have been reamed, as well as scrubbed with a toothbrush and warm water. I am excited to see how these turn out and also a little weirded out!IMG_0405.jpegIMG_0406.jpegIMG_0404.jpegIMG_0403.jpegIMG_0401.jpegIMG_0410.jpegIMG_0408.jpegIMG_0411.jpeg

verporchting

Preferred Member
Dec 30, 2018
Well he seems to have murdered the rims on those pipes too 😂

Not just dumping the ashes, he looks to have beaten the shit out of them afterwards.

Hopefully those aren’t the murder weapons....

Okay, all joking aside - yeah, that would freak me out more than a little bit too. It’s not the pipe’s fault but ... yikes. Makes you wonder what was going through his mind whilst smoking those pipes. Please think kind and happy thoughts when you smoke them! They had a hard life.

tbradsim1

Preferred Member
Jan 14, 2012
Got a Grenci in a trade with a buddy. His Uncle in the CIA bought it from Grenci himself, went nutso and cut her up and wound up in bags in dumpster. Told wife when I start smoking this one a lot you'd better straighten out!rotf

scloyd

Preferred Member
May 23, 2018
You must be able to find out where the attorney/killer is incarcerated. Send him a letter and see if he responds...like a pen pal. A few letters along with the pipes would definitely make an unusual collection. Plus, you may be able to find out if he actually owned those pipes. Antique dealers and used car salesmen will say anything to make a sale. Just saying....

kg.legat0

Sep 6, 2019
PA
Just because that dude was awful doesn't mean the pipes should be punished ;) I hope they smoke great and this guy misses them dearly. Definitely a conversation starter, as if smoking a pipe itself isn't already!

orobusto

Aug 22, 2015
We don't know the history of the majority of our estate pipes. I'm sure we all have at least one estate that belonged to an unsavory type. I'm sure the people that get my estates will think that :) Enjoy them and can't wait to see them cleaned up.