PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

PipesMagazine Approved Sponsor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jwebb90

Lifer
Feb 17, 2020
Ruse, Bulgaria
The title is not clickbait. I have recently picked up a number of pipes at a local antique shop. I went back today to get the remaining few I wanted and the owner gave me a little backstory on the lot. She picked them up from the estate of a high profile Atlanta attorney who was recently convicted of killing his wife... Sure enough, I plugged in a search on Google and he popped right up. With all that being said I am getting the restoration process started on three of the pipes this evening. The first is a Ben Wade shape 65. The second is a Savinelli Oscar shape 514. And the third pipe is a London Made GBD shape 9436. So far I have the stems in an Oxyclean soak and the stummels have been reamed, as well as scrubbed with a toothbrush and warm water. I am excited to see how these turn out and also a little weirded out!IMG_0405.jpegIMG_0406.jpegIMG_0404.jpegIMG_0403.jpegIMG_0401.jpegIMG_0410.jpegIMG_0408.jpegIMG_0411.jpeg

verporchting

Lifer
Dec 30, 2018
Well he seems to have murdered the rims on those pipes too ?

Not just dumping the ashes, he looks to have beaten the shit out of them afterwards.

Hopefully those aren’t the murder weapons....

Okay, all joking aside - yeah, that would freak me out more than a little bit too. It’s not the pipe’s fault but ... yikes. Makes you wonder what was going through his mind whilst smoking those pipes. Please think kind and happy thoughts when you smoke them! They had a hard life.

scloyd

Lifer
May 23, 2018
You must be able to find out where the attorney/killer is incarcerated. Send him a letter and see if he responds...like a pen pal. A few letters along with the pipes would definitely make an unusual collection. Plus, you may be able to find out if he actually owned those pipes. Antique dealers and used car salesmen will say anything to make a sale. Just saying....

orobusto

Starting to Get Obsessed
Aug 22, 2015
New York
We don't know the history of the majority of our estate pipes. I'm sure we all have at least one estate that belonged to an unsavory type. I'm sure the people that get my estates will think that :) Enjoy them and can't wait to see them cleaned up.

Status
Not open for further replies.